luvtotha9sRosters and More

UTEP 2014 news

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UTEP 2014 news

Post by GoAztecs on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm

UTEP wide receiver Jordan Leslie made it official today that he would be transferring out for his final year.
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Re: UTEP 2014 news

Post by zoon on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 pm

It's hard for me to believe that Sean kugler could not keep a guy like Leslie in for his final season. Leslie is a hell of a player, and from what I;ve heard, a hell of a man. Kugler has made some questionable, if not just plain stupid moves, since he took over. I understand he is trying to build the program from the ground up, but the way he under-utilized the best player on the team last year (leslie) is beyond me. I hope I'm wrong, because I will always be a Miner fan (my hometown team).
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Kugler rant cont.....

the thing that pissed me off about Kugler last year was his "my way or the highway" type of attitude. He kicked something like 10 players off the team before spring practice. At times last year, it seemed like he was more interested in sending messages of him being a hard ass, than actually winning games. There were times last season, where he would not throw the ball in obvious passing situations, just because he was more worried about toughing up his team, as a run first type of team. A good coach utilizes what he has, especially in year 1, and Kugler was more concerned about being a disciplinarian, rather than a coach, hence the reason why Leslie left.

zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Washington State running back Jeremiah Laufasa is reportedly transferring to UTEP
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Damian Payne and Kelvin Fisher, the school confirmed in a press release, have transferred into the football program from Houston and Arkansas, respectively. The release did not state whether Fisher will be eligible to play immediately in 2014, while Payne comes in as a graduate transfer and will play for the Miners this season.

Fisher was a three-star member of the Razorbacks’ 2011 recruiting class, rated as the No. 10 player at any position in the state of Arizona. He played in six games at cornerback last season.

Payne, a three-star member of the Cougars’ 2010 recruiting class, played in 21 games the past two seasons at UH, including 12 last season. The last three years, he returned 29 punts and averaged 7.1 yards per return.

Payne will have one year of eligibility remaining, while Fisher will have two..

GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:18 pm

The other two newcomers are on the offensive side of the ball.

Anthony Kyles is a JUCO offensive lineman from Los Angeles Southwest College where he started ten games last season. Kyles goes 6'3 300 lbs, and helped his running backs average 157.1 yards per game last season. Like Fisher and Payne, Kyles is immediately eligible to play.

The fourth player is tight end Hayden Plinke who will have to sit out this semester, but will be available in January. The 6'4 255 lbs tight end gray shirted at Boise State in 2011, then appeared in six games for the Broncos in 2012 before transferring to Portland State.

While UTEP added four to the roster, the Miners also lost one for health reasons.

Kyle Brown who was slated to be a starter along the offensive line will miss the rest of the year after doctors found a blood clot in his leg over the summer.

Other roster notes: highly touted freshman running back Treyvon Hughes will gray shirt this season.

GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top