luvtotha9sRosters and More

Tennessee Roster Info

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tennessee Roster Info

Post by volstopfan14 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Airglider9 wrote:First of all Luv I appreciate all the hard work and effort! Like many others I don't start playing NCAA till I get your official rosters! You help make the game as realistic as EA does.

Volstopfan14 I love the roster you have laid out! It is awesome! I have one question though: Where is Art Evans? He played a significant amount last year and now he is no where to be found.

Thank you both for your hard work!
Here is the reason I left him out. Right now, he is behind Marsalis Teague, Prentiss Waggner, Anthony Anderson, Justin Coleman, and more than likely will be behind Eric Gordon. Also, Byron Moore and Izeaua Lanier are 4* JUCO CBs who will join the team at fall practice and should both be near the top of the depth chart. I just struggled putting Evans in since he would be the 8th CB and would likely not play on the game. For dynasty reasons, I prefered putting in Tino Thomas since he will likely redshirt and could contribute down the line. Evans really struggled last year and I just don't see him seeing much action this year.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Airglider9 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm

I totally understand that logic! Thanks for clearing that up for me Volstopfan14! Smile GO VOLS!!

Airglider9
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Freshman jersey numbers have been released

13 - DeAnthony Arnett
69 - Allan Carson
88 - Cameron Clear
27 - Justin Coleman
44 - Maurice Couch
57- Mack Crowder
6 - Vincent Dallas
84 - Brendan Downs
52 - Christian Harris
68 - Marcus Jackson
45 - A.J. Johnson
77 - Kyler Kerbyson
4 - Marlin Lane
18 - Izauea Lanier
56 - Curt Maggitt
47 - Pat Martin
3 - Byron Moore
26 - Geraldo Orta
67 - Alan Posey
37 - Brian Randolph
74 - Antonio Richardson
96 - Trevarris Saulsberry
29 - Tom Smith
31 - Tino Thomas
54 - Jordan Williams
19 - Devrin Young
14 - Justin Worley

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 pm

RB 33 toney williams has transfered and is not on the trainging camp roster

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

orangenation11 wrote:RB 33 toney williams has transfered and is not on the trainging camp roster
Just came here to post this. He should be removed and MLB Nigel Mitchell-Thornotn should be added.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Here is some more stuff mentioned in the press conference today.
QB Tyler Bray is now 202 lbs
DT Malik Jackson is now 280 lbs
WR Justin Hunter is now 192 lbs
DE Jacques Smith is 100% for fall camp
LB Austin Johnson will not be suspended
OT Antonio Richardson is already stronger than most of the team
The decision on who will greyshirt will come later this week. It will be either CB Tino Thomas or FS Geraldo Orta

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Here are some quick notes out of practice.
Marlon Walls is working as the 1st RE over Willie Bohannon right now
CB Anthony Anderson and WR Justin Hunter are both splitting reps as PR
HB/KR Devrin Young fractured his collarbone. I'd leave him on the roster for now though.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:20 am

updated roster for fall camp

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tenn-m-footbl-mtt.html

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Some photos of players with updated equipment

#44 Maurice Couch and #69 Allan Carson

#74 Antonio Richardson

Richardson, #68 Marcus Jackson, and #57 Mack Crowder

#45 AJ Johnson

#56 Curt Maggitt

#47 Pat Martin

Also, LB Austin Johnson is now wearing the revo speed 3 bar facemask and WR Zach Rogers is wearing the AirXP 2 bar facemask.
One quick note, everyone who has seen him is talking about FR RB Marlin Lane. He could really make an impact for us this year.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Some more roster related notes out of practice.
Alex Bullard was with the first team at C. It is very possible that He plays C and James Stone is moved to LG. Stone will start, whether it be at LG or C.

Seems like the freshmen will be given the opportunity to be the PR. Possibly DeAnthony Arnett or Vincent Dallas. If healthy, Devrin Young would be back there.

Zach Rogers did well but has had trouble with injuries in the past.

Janzen Jackson is by far the best player on the team.

Maurice Couch is struggling with statima.

Byron Moore and Justin Coleman are both doing well and are better than Izauea Lanier.

Trevarris Saulsberry is playing DE, not DT.

AJ Johnson is playing SLB and Curt Maggitt is at WLB. Both are doing very well.

Marlin Lane and Cam Clear also are impressing.

BTW, since Williams transfered I'm not sure who to put in as the CAP. Could be DE Ben Martin, QB Nash Nance, OG Darin Gooch, FS Rod Wilks, CB Art Evans, LB Jake Story, or LB Shane Reveiz. Or you could just leave it blank for now.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:56 am

might want to make Toney Williams into Ben Bartholomew and put him at backup FB and then make Tino Thomas into Rod Wilks and put him at backup FS

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:57 am

hopefully we can get a better depth chart out once they go full pads and hold a scrimmage

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Dontaviois Sapp has been moved down to linebacker

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:03 am

orangenation11 wrote:Dontaviois Sapp has been moved down to linebacker
I might leave him at SS for now. It looks like he will see time at both. Justin Wilcox loves to run a versitile defense where players can play multiple positions. Malik Jackson, Corey Miller, Marlon Walls, and Trevarris Saulsberry can all play DT and DE. Curt Maggitt can play DE or OLB. Brent Brewer and Dontavis Sapp can play S or LB. Byron Moore, Prentiss Waggner, Eric Gordon, and Janzen Jackson can all play CB or S. Nearly all the defensive plays were cross trained so that they can play multiple positions. It kind of makes it hard to get it 100% accurate in NCAA 12 because of that. This is just me, but I'd leave Sapp at SS for now.

BTW, here are some notes out of practice.
RB Marlin Lane was the 1st team PR
Dooley comented that Allan Carson was out of shape
The word is that Izeaua Lanier is also out of shape
With Herman Lathers and Greg King currently injured, Curt Maggitt ran with the 1st team at WLB and the 2nd team at DE
Malik Jackson has a minor knee injury and is out 2 weeks

Some equipment notes
Marlon Walls is using the revo speed 3 bar facemask
Corey Miller is using the revo speed robot facemask

Last edited by volstopfan14 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 am

orangenation11 wrote:might want to make Toney Williams into Ben Bartholomew and put him at backup FB and then make Tino Thomas into Rod Wilks and put him at backup FS
Agreed that Williams needs to be removed but I probably wouldn't add Bartholomew. I just don't see him ever seeing the playing time to make it worth it. I'd prefer Ben Martin, who may be able to make an impact at DE this year. As for Thomas and Wilks, I'd prefer Thomas for dynasty reasons and Wilks likely will not play outside of special teams. JMO

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Here's some more equipment info.
OL Marques Pair is now using the revo speed full cage facemask
CB Izauea Lanier is using the revo speed QB facemask (not in the game. I'd give him the revo speed robot 2)
CB Byron Moore is using the revolution skill facemask
WR Vincent Dallas is using the DNA 2 facemask, 3/4 sleeves white, taped wrist, and gloves
QB Justin Worley is using the revo speed QB facemask (see Lanier) 3/4 sleeves white, and a QB wristband left.
WR DeAnthony Arnett is using the revolution 3 bar RB facemask

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:35 pm

orangenation11 wrote:Dontaviois Sapp has been moved down to linebacker
Now that I've read more about this, it seems more likely that his primary position will be SLB. Sapp could still be listed in the depth chart as a backup SS. Sapp also said that he is up to 227 lbs. If you move him down in the roster, then there would only be 4 safeties listed. Although that is less than normal, I'd leave it as that since Moore, Waggner, and Gordon can all play S too.

Some more notes out of practice
Janzen Jackson is working at the nickelback position. He will still start, but it looks like it is very likely that he plays nickleback when we go to 5 DBs. I would think that the 4-3 will be the primary defense but we will use a lot of 4-2-5. As I said in my last post, this defense is very versitle and most of the players can play multiple positions.

Rajion Neal is working a little bit at WR. His primary position will still likely be RB, but he could get some time in the slot.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:18 pm

One more thing about the NCAA 12 roster. I removed Steven Fowlkes and added Ben Martin. It appears he is compltely healthy. I'm still not sure who the last 2 guys on the roster should be. You could remove Nigel Mitchell-Thornton as I'm not sure how much he'll play. QB Nash Nance, RG Darin Gooch, DT Arthur Jeffery, LB Jake Storey, LB Shane Reveiz, S Rod Wilks

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by etmccreary on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:03 pm

volstopfan14 wrote:One more thing about the NCAA 12 roster. I removed Steven Fowlkes and added Ben Martin. It appears he is compltely healthy. I'm still not sure who the last 2 guys on the roster should be. You could remove Nigel Mitchell-Thornton as I'm not sure how much he'll play. QB Nash Nance, RG Darin Gooch, DT Arthur Jeffery, LB Jake Storey, LB Shane Reveiz, S Rod Wilks

With the lack of depth/experience at LB, Mitchell-Thornton may want to be left in over some/most of those guys. Barring injury, I just don't see Nance, Gooch, or Storey ever getting a meaningful snap. Raveiz might see some snaps before Lathers gets back from his injury. Wilks will play mostly on special teams.
etmccreary
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 pm

we will know alot more about the depth chart once we have our 1st scrimmage

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 pm

also just for a heads up, volquest and volnation are the best sites for ut info. most of the time someone on volquest copies and pastes info to volnation anyways and volnation has some good insiders that get to watch practices, the scout site blows and is normally old info...

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 pm

this is a depth chart from what all we have heard so far from camp...

QB
Tyler Bray
Matt Simms
Justin Worley

HB
Tauren Poole
Marlin Lane
Rajion Neal
Tom Smith

FB
Channing Fugate

WR
Justin Hunter
Da'Rick Rogers
Vincent Dallas
Zach Rogers
DeAnthony Arnett
Matt Milton
Devrin Young

TE
Mychal Rivera
Cam Clear
Brendan Downs

LT
Dallas Thomas
Antonio Richardson

LG
JerQuari Schofield
Marcus Jackson

C
James Stone
Alex Bullard
Mack Crowder

RG
Zach Fulton
Kyler Kerbyson

RT
Ju'Wuan James
Marques Pair
Alan Posey

LE
Jacques Smith
Jordan Williams

RE
Ben Martin
Marlon Walls
Willie Bohannon
Trevarris Saulsberry

DT
Malik Jackson
Daniel Hood
Maurice Couch
Corey Miller
Joseph Ayers
Greg Clark
Allan Carson

LOLB
Darryl Vereen
AJ Johnson
Dontavis Sapp
Raiques Crump

MLB
Austin Johnson
John Propst
Nigel Mitchell-Thornton
Christian Harris

ROLB
Herman Lathers
Greg King
Curt Maggitt

CB
Prentiss Waggner
Marsalis Teague
Byron Moore
Justin Coleman
Anthony Anderson
Eric Gordon
Izauea Lanier
Tino Thomas

FS
Janzen Jackson
Brian Randolph

SS
Brent Brewer
Pat Martin

K
Michael Palardy

P
Matt Darr

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 pm

my only thing is we dont have a backup FB which is ben bartholomew right now and rod wilks will play before tino thomas, tino will likely get a RS due to being hurt. plus i have heard wilks at backup FS right now with byron moore backup SS now that sapp is up to 227lbs and will be with the LBs. he could be called back to SS in a pinch but almost everyone knew he would grow into a LB due to his body type

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 pm

damn why cant the players get paid a small fee for their likeness at the first of the year or something so we can have updated rosters like madden!

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 am

etmccreary wrote:
With the lack of depth/experience at LB, Mitchell-Thornton may want to be left in over some/most of those guys. Barring injury, I just don't see Nance, Gooch, or Storey ever getting a meaningful snap. Raveiz might see some snaps before Lathers gets back from his injury. Wilks will play mostly on special teams.
Yeah I'd have Reveiz or Mitchell-Thornton in before Storey. Just thought I'd mention his name since he got so much time on special teams last year. I don't see Nance ever playing but I like having a 4th QB in the game. Part of me wants Wilks just because he is Rod Wilks lol. But for real, it might be good to have him since there are only 4 safties listed now and 2 are freshmen.
orangenation11 wrote:my only thing is we dont have a backup FB which is ben bartholomew right now and rod wilks will play before tino thomas, tino will likely get a RS due to being hurt. plus i have heard wilks at backup FS right now with byron moore backup SS now that sapp is up to 227lbs and will be with the LBs. he could be called back to SS in a pinch but almost everyone knew he would grow into a LB due to his body type
JMO, but I don't see Bartholomew ever playing. If Fugate ever was to get injured, I'd be willing to bet that Tennessee moves to more 2 TE sets and pretty much delete the FB from the offense. Bartholomew has done nothing so far in his career that has shown me that he is one of the best 69 players on this team. I haven't heard anything about him in practice and would be surprised if he played this year outside of special teams and mop-up time. Wilks will play on special teams but I don't really see him playing much on defense. I'd have no problem with him in the game though since we have limited depth at S.

Also, I completely agree that volnation is by far the best UT site for football info out there.

BTW, where did you see that Ben Martin was starting? I hadn't seen that.

Also, one note on practice. AJ Johnson, Austin Johnson, and Curt Maggitt were starting with the 1st team at LB yesterday.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top