luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennessee Roster Info

+5
GoAztecs
orangenation11
RowdyRaider50
luvtotha9s
volstopfan14
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tennessee Roster Info - Page 3 Empty Re: Tennessee Roster Info

Post by orangenation11 Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 pm

a guy on volquest who goes to the practices said they have had ben martin running with the 1s some. they might just be testing him to see how he does but it sounds like he was doing well.

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:42 pm

this is his Dline depth chart he posted after watching all the practices so far

DE: Martin, Walls, Bohannon
DT: Malik, Miller, Ayers
DT: Hood, Couch, Carson
DE: Jacques, Maggitt, Jordan Williams

Last edited by orangenation11 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:44 pm

with the roster i say we have maggitt still at LB but list him as backup DE on the depth chart too.

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:55 pm

orangenation11 wrote:with the roster i say we have maggitt still at LB but list him as backup DE on the depth chart too.
Agreed. I heard that he is running with the 1st team at WLB and 2nd team at DE. I'd figure Walls, Bohannon, and Martin should all be rated about the same. All 3 will get playing time this year as long as they are healthy. Just curious, do you know if Greg King is practicing or not? i know he had offseason surgery but hadn't seen anything about him since practice started.

One quick note, FB Channing Fugate said he is now 255 lbs

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:31 am

yeah he is practicing, i looked at the practice video on volquest to make sure and i saw him in one of the tackling drills with the other LBs

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by lbrjohn3 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 am

orangenation11 wrote:this is a depth chart from what all we have heard so far from camp..

This is a very good depth chart but I believe there are a few errors.
From my understanding of what reporters and coaches have said, the running back situation I believe this year will go:

Tauren Poole
Raijon Neal
Marlin Lane

However, Marlin Lane has a chance to jump Raijon Neal during the season. Therefore I would make Raijon Neal and Marlin Lane overall have around the same rating.

Secondly, Prentiss Waggner is reportedly going to be used primarily in the nickel package, thus the CB depth chart should go as following:

CB
Byron Moore
Marsalis Teague
Prentiss Waggner
Justin Coleman
Art Evans
Izauea Lanier
Anthony Anderson
Eric Gordon
Tino Thomas

Even though Anthony Anderson is probably going to be the punt returner, Art Evans got more PT last year even with his suspension and there has been more praise for Izauea Lanier during camp so far.

Finally, with the recent experimenting on the OL, I wouldnt be surprised if the starters were
LT: Dallas Thomas
LG: James Stone
C: Alex Bullard
RG: Zach Fulton
RT: Juwan James
by the beginning of the season. Bullard has impressed at center and guard is James's more natural position.
Keep up the good work orangenation11, volstopfan14, and especially luvtotha9s!!!

lbrjohn3
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 am

yeah we are gonna wait til the 1st scrimmage to make big changes to see who starts 1st team O and D. i was under the impression that art evans wasn't invited to fall camp but would rejoin the team when school started, i kinda took it that dooley was telling evans that we really didnt need him...

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 am

also on the corners, most of the time we will be playing a 4-2-5 on D with brewer coming up as a rover SS/LB like berry did his last year but when the starters are announced during warmups, i wouldnt be surprised if we did it as a 4-3 while having wagner and either moore or teague as starters. i mean wagner did get alot of preseason recognition. also moore could be a starting safety in the 4-2-5 since brewer will have that rover role close to the line, wilcox doesnt want brewer dropping back in coverage too much, not his game being 220lbs now

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:39 am

we are so versatile, it is hard to set in stone a good depth chart right now... really gotta wait for a scrimmage or 2 to see how players are looking in certain roles and what not... i'm pumped for the season and things here in knoxville are really buzzing, i think we can do some good things this year and take a big step in the right direction. i'm thinking 8-4 or 9-3 then hopefully a bowl win. i guess it all depends on how we play and the other teams play, along with how many breaks we can get to go our way...

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:34 am

just saw that the 1st scrimmage is today (tuesday afternoon) in neyland, hopefully it goes well with no injuries and we get to see some highlights of it online

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah, it is hard to nail down a depth chart at this point since we are so versitile. We could line up in a 4-3, 4-2-5, or even a 3-4 on defense. Here are some notes I've read today.

Rajion Neal is continuing to get more work at slot receiver. Neal is one of the fastest players on the team and can be used a variety of ways. In my opinion the coaches are trying to find a way to get him onto the field and Marlin Lane is doing so well at RB that Neal is getting a chance at WR.

I read that the first team offense looked like this
Bray
Poole
Fugate
Hunter
D. Rogers
Rivera
Thomas
Schofield
Stone
Fulton
James
Zach Rogers and Neal were getting the most reps at slot WR and Marlin Lane, Cam Clear, Marcus Jackson,, and Alex Bullard were the subs who saw the most time with the 1s.

Jacques Smith, Justin Coleman, and Brian Randolph are doing very well. Coleman could be in contention for a starting CB job. Both Randolph and Coleman have done better than Pat Martin.

This is just a guesss, but this is what I think our starting DBs could look like.

CB-Marsalis Teague
CB-Prentiss Waggner/Justin Coleman
NB-Janzen Jackson
FS-Byron Moore
SS/WLB-Brent Brewer

Basicily that would be a 4-2-5 in the game with Brewer and Jackson at SS.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lbrjohn3 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 pm

volstopfan14 wrote:Yeah, it is hard to nail down a depth chart at this point since we are so versitile. We could line up in a 4-3, 4-2-5, or even a 3-4 on defense. Here are some notes I've read today.

Rajion Neal is continuing to get more work at slot receiver. Neal is one of the fastest players on the team and can be used a variety of ways. In my opinion the coaches are trying to find a way to get him onto the field and Marlin Lane is doing so well at RB that Neal is getting a chance at WR.

Bray
Poole
Fugate
Hunter
D. Rogers
Rivera
Thomas
Schofield
Stone
Fulton
James
Zach Rogers and Neal were getting the most reps at slot WR and Marlin Lane, Cam Clear, Marcus Jackson,, and Alex Bullard were the subs who saw the most time with the 1s.

Jacques Smith, Justin Coleman, and Brian Randolph are doing very well. Coleman could be in contention for a starting CB job. Both Randolph and Coleman have done better than Pat Martin.

This is just a guesss, but this is what I think our starting DBs could look like.

CB-Marsalis Teague
NB-Janzen Jackson
FS-Byron Moore
SS/WLB-Brent Brewer

If you look at the defenses that Wilcox coached at Boise, he doesn't have a set defense like 4-3 or 3-4. Last year we did not have the players to run his type of defensive with multiple formations and sets but this year, like you said, we will be much more versatile. The only problem is that it is hard to make a depth chart on NCAA 12 for his type of defense. They have us as a default 4-3 even though I change it to Multiple when i play with them.

lbrjohn3
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:00 pm

lbrjohn3 wrote:
volstopfan14 wrote:Yeah, it is hard to nail down a depth chart at this point since we are so versitile. We could line up in a 4-3, 4-2-5, or even a 3-4 on defense. Here are some notes I've read today.

Bray
Poole
Fugate
Hunter
D. Rogers
Rivera
Thomas
Schofield
Stone
Fulton
James

CB-Marsalis Teague
NB-Janzen Jackson
FS-Byron Moore
SS/WLB-Brent Brewer

If you look at the defenses that Wilcox coached at Boise, he doesn't have a set defense like 4-3 or 3-4. Last year we did not have the players to run his type of defensive with multiple formations and sets but this year, like you said, we will be much more versatile. The only problem is that it is hard to make a depth chart on NCAA 12 for his type of defense. They have us as a default 4-3 even though I change it to Multiple when i play with them.
Yeah, it will be difficult to put our defense in NCAA 12 since so many players play multiple positions.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by etmccreary Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

volstopfan14 wrote:
lbrjohn3 wrote:

Bray
Poole
Fugate
Hunter
D. Rogers
Rivera
Thomas
Schofield
Stone
Fulton
James

CB-Marsalis Teague
NB-Janzen Jackson
FS-Byron Moore
SS/WLB-Brent Brewer

Yeah, it will be difficult to put our defense in NCAA 12 since so many players play multiple positions.

The only way to really emulate how the defense will look this season is with a customized playbook and lots of formation subs.
etmccreary
etmccreary
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Marlin Lane and Tom Smith are working at PR.

Marsalis Teague and Justin Coleman seem to be the starting cornerbacks. Byron Moore is seeing some time at FS. In my opinion, the starting DBs will be
CB: Teague
CB: Coleman
NB: Jackson
SS: Brewer
FS: Moore
Even though he is listed as a NB, Jackson will be an everydown player. He is by far the bestplayer on the team. In 4-3 sets he will likely be at FS.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Some quick notes from the scrimmage today
Alex Bullard was the 1st team LG. I'd be willing to bet that he stays there.

Curt Maggitt was a beast today. 6 tackles 4.5 TFL, and 2 sacks.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:03 am

Special Teams Coordinator Eric Russell said that Anthony Anderson, Marlin Lane, and Tom Smith are the finalist for the PR job.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Geraldo Orta will be on the 105 and Tino Thomas will grayshirt, Orta is further along in his rehab than Thomas. Thomas will be paying instate tuition and probably getting the hope scholly with some other stuff so i doubt he pays much at all.

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 pm

It looks like the 2 deep linebacker depth chart to open the season will be
SLB: AJ Johnson, Daryl Vereen
MLB: Austin Johnson, John Propst
WLB: Curt Maggitt, Greg King
Remember Herman Lathers is out indefinately with a leg injurry. He is our best LB and is expected to return later this year.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by orangenation11 Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:41 pm

volstopfan14, you might wanna go ahead and re-release an updated depth chart since we have 2 scrimmages down and one coming up saturday

orangenation11
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:35 pm

CBs Anthony Anderson and Naz Oliver have been moved to WR. Both were buried on the depth chart at corner and 2 of our top 7 WRs are out with minor injuries so depth is needed. Anderson is one of our top special teams players and that is likely all he will do this year but Oliver might be able to turn into a contributer on offense in the future.

Orangenation11, I've updated the first and third post in this thread. If you see anything wrong please let me know. The two things I'm struggling with is the starting end across from Jacques Smith and where to put all the defensive backs. It seems most of them can play CB or S. I think the linebackers and tackles are all in the right positions. I think Martin, Walls, or Bohannon could all start at RE.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:52 pm

According to a report after today's scrimmage, Prentiss Waggner has locked up a starting spot at CB. Justin Coleman and Marsalis Teague are competing for the other starting spot. Byron Moore is spending most of his time at FS. I'd guess Janzen Jackson plays nickle back and Moore steps in at FS when we go to 5 DBs.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lbrjohn3 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Following the final scrimmage, a the two deep depth chart has been updated.

OFFENSE
QB
So. Tyler Bray 8
Sr. Matt Simms 12

FB
So. Channing Fugate 46
Jr. Ben Bartholomew 39

HB
Sr. Tauren Poole 28
Fr. Marlin Lane 4

WR
So. Da'Rick Rogers 21
Jr. Zach Rogers 83

WR
So. Justin Hunter 11
Fr. Vincent Dallas 6

TE
Jr. Mychal Rivera 81
Fr. Cam Clear 88

LT
Jr. Dallas Thomas 71
Fr. Antonio Richardson 74

LG
So. Alex Bullard 78
So. JerQuari Schofield 75

C
So. James Stone 64
Jr. Darrin Gooch 73

RG
So. Zach Fulton 72
Fr. Marcus Jackson 68

RT
So. JaWuan James 70
Fr. Marques Pair 66

DEFENSE

DE
Sr. Ben Martin 99
So. Marlon Walls 58

DT
Sr. Malik Jackson 97
So. Corey Miller 80

DT
So. Daniel Hood 76
So. Maurice Couch 44

DE
So. Jacques Smith 55
Jr. Willie Bohannon 86

OLB
Fr. Curt Maggitt 56
Sr. Darryl Vereen 9

MLB
Sr. Austin Johnson 40
So. John Propst 51

OLB
Fr. A.J. Johnson 45
So. Raiques Crump 50

CB
Jr. Prentiss Waggner 23
Fr. Justin Coleman 27

SS
So. Brent Brewer 17
Jr. Rod Wilks 22

FS
Jr. Janzen Jackson 15
So. Byron Moore 3

CB
Jr. Marsalis Teague 10
So. Izauea Lanier 18

SPECIAL TEAMS

LS
Sr. Nick Guess 59
Jr. Willie Bohannon 86

H
Sr. Matt Simms 12
Fr. Nash Nance 7

PK
So. Michael Palardy 1
Fr. Derrick Brodus 26

P
Fr. Matt Darr 5
So. Michael Palardy 1

KOS
So. Michael Palardy 1
Fr. Derrick Brodus 26

KR
So. Da'Rick Rogers 21
So. Rajion Neal 20

PR
Sr. Anthony Anderson 36
So. Justin Hunter 11

INJURED (Not Listed):

OLB Jr. Herman Lathers 34 (First Team)
PR Fr. Devrin Young 19 (First Team)

lbrjohn3
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 pm

I've updated the roster with changes in the official depth chart.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Janzen Jackson is gone. I suggest replacing him with S Rod Wilks. I'd guess that Dontavis Sapp will get more time at safety since there is only 1 safety with real experience now (Brewer). I might move him back to SS in the game, but thats just a guess. Another guess is that Prentiss Waggner may move to FS. In that scenario, I might add CB Art Evans just to help with the numbers at CB. (Only 4 on the roster is Waggner goes to FS)

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next