luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida roster

+3
gator3guy
Palo20
volstopfan14
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Florida roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Florida roster

Post by Palo20 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:31 pm

SteboSSK wrote:So is Demps the starter or Rainey? Or is Rainey still playing WR? I know he was rumored to be switched in spring or something but alot of depth charts have him back at RB.

Rainey is a full time RB, and he will split time with Demps. Muschamp said they've both separated themselves as the top RBs at this point.

They both seem to be taking to the new pro style running game.

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:37 pm

SteboSSK wrote:So is Demps the starter or Rainey? Or is Rainey still playing WR? I know he was rumored to be switched in spring or something but alot of depth charts have him back at RB.
In a depth chart, I'd guess that Rainey is the 1st RB but both will play a lot.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Florida roster - Page 2 Empty Florida True Freshman Gallery

Post by Palo20 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:01 pm

http://florida.scout.com/2/1096312.html

Pictures here of Ja'Juan Story, Marcus Roberson, Chris Johnson, Tommy Jordan, Louchiez Purifoy

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:35 pm

volstopfan14 wrote:
In a depth chart, I'd guess that Rainey is the 1st RB but both will play a lot.

Demps is 1st team, with Rainey spelling Demps often. Rainey will play mostly RB, but be in some WR sets. Demps should be the highest rated RB on the Gator roster in the game. I know Rainey goes to a 91 ovr if you make the RB switch in game, but he's not the best back on the team. Also Demps should be 99 spd and 99 acc. Fastest player in the nation. Just my 2 cents.
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HollywoodBob Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Before I get started I want to say that this is not meant to be an all -inclusive. You can assume if you want that anyone that isn’t mentioned isn’t doing anything, but the fact is, I cannot watch a minute of practice and I have to rely on others to tell me what they know. We have sources in every way shape or form that I can draw the info from. With that in mind, it is hard to ask about everyone and for those folks to really be able to pinpoint something about every player. Like everyone else, people watching get their eyes drawn to the “stars” and aren’t usually worried about the guys behind the stars.

The problem with this mindset and you guys is that you guys usually already know about the stars and so, you want to know who the next player who is ready to step in. You will see some of that info here, but understand my dilemma in getting all of that.

Starting at quarterback and this isn’t really inside information but more than a thought going forward. John Brantley missed the scrimmage Saturday with some kind of back issue, despite not being hit as a quarterback at practice at any time in spring practice. I have zero doubt that Will Muschamp and company are telling the truth about Brantley being ready and looking sharp at practice, but if he is getting hurt without getting hit, it seems cause for concern.

Again, there is no info here about the extent of his injury, but what would seem a realistic concern on my part.

On to Jeff Driskel, the true freshman that has won the second string spot on the roster at quarterback. It was a mixed bag for him Saturday as he connected on a couple of deep balls and scored a couple of times, but he also threw three INT’s on the day. Despite reports to the contrary about the previous scrimmage, Brantley only threw one INT in the last scrimmage he was in.

It is still a two team race at running back right now, with Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps and I am still hearing Rainey has a comfortable lead in that race, but both are expected to be tremendous this year.
Behind those two, there is talent, but until Mike Gillislee and Mack Brown pick up blocking schemes better, it will remain a two man rotation until mop up time.

Jordan Reed missed some time at tight end last week, but was back with a vengeance Saturday and caught a big touchdown pass. Like everybody, the staff really likes what they see out of Reed and they expect him to be a play maker for this 2011 team. Meanwhile Gerald Christian is busy making a name for himself with this staff in doing all the dirty work well. He has become a legitimate blocker and really able to be flexible moving from tight end to fullback and back again with the rotating formations that Charlie Weis likes to use.

I saw the reports from former players that attended practice about the receivers and them not making plays. I have to tell you, they were probably just expecting certain guys to make them and it didn’t happen. Again, I am not knocking anyone’s opinion of what they actually see as compared to what I cannot see, but I know that Deonte Thompson, Andre Debose, and Jordan Reed all had long catches or long touchdown catches that would be considered big plays in any offense.

As Muschamp mentioned Saturday, Debose has had three strong practices in a row, so now it appears we may have a legitimate two-deep battle at the two starting receiver spots. Deonte and Debose will battle at the Z while Frankie Hammond and Quinton Dunbar are at the X. honestly I see the two older guys starting most if not all of the season unless something drastic happens, but it sure points to the foursome as the guys that will get the most time on the field.

Again, Solomon Patton is in there getting on the field, as is Robert Clark. It has been a necessity for Omarius Hines to get some work at tight end, so that has slowed his time as a ‘receiver’, but a flexed out tight end is basically the same thing anyway.

It looks like there are three solid starters on the offensive line right now and two spots that are in a dog fight. Jonotthan Harrison owns the center position. Jon Halapioowns it at right guard. Xavier Nixon owns it at left tackle. Right now, the two other starters on the line are Matt Patchan at right tackle and Kyle Koehne at left guard. The two they are in a battle with are Chaz Green for that tackle spot and Ian Silberman for the guard spot that he has held almost all of fall practice.

We’ll get more into those battles later, but what I want to talk about is the eighth and ninth guy. They have made it clear that they want at least eight and maybe nine linemen to be in the rotation along the line. So who are the next two?

James Wilson (SR), Sam Robey (JR), Dan Wenger (SR), and Nick Alajajian (JR) seem like the main possibilities at this time. If I was a betting man, it would be Wilson and Robey, with Alajajian knocking on the door. The last two have already been labeled by Muschamp as guys that will practice at all three interior positions and my info tells me Wilson and Robey have practiced the best this fall.

On the defensive line it seems that all the starters are set, but I can see a battle brewing down the line at one spot. We have seen the comments on the board aboutRonald Powell that were made elsewhere by some folks that were able to watch the scrimmage Saturday. Well, we aren’t going to let these comments just go untouched, so we did some checking and will talk about that in a later segment in this very post, just farther down.

In the meantime, Dominique Easley seems to be the guy that is being the biggest holy terror on the front line. Easley is playing the nose. He isn’t undersized, but not perfect sized either. What he does bring to the table is someone quicker than anyone else close to his size and I have heard he has been the only one consistently able to whip Jon Halapio on the practice field. Here is a guy that has made a total mindset adjustment from last year to this one. That has translated to being a beast on the field.

Don’t short change Sharrif Floyd. Easley has that ultra-fast first step, but it is Floyd that is probably the most pure baller up front and that is why he was able to move outside easy enough.

William Green, while technically behind Floyd now will likely see a ton of playing time and even start against the right opponents for what he brings to the table. This might mean moving Floyd inside or maybe even Green to the BUCK in the right scenarios.

Leon Orr continues to get props from Muschamp and that can only be good. Muschamp also keeps pointing out that he needs to continue to lower his pad level, and that would definitely be an issue for a guy switching positions and especially switching the side of the ball he is playing on.

At linebacker things seem to be progressing nicely. We listed the depth chart the other day and that is about right, but here is what I see heading into these last bit of fall practices.

WILL – Jelani Jenkins, Dee Finley, Chris Johnson
MIKE – Jon Bostic, Michael Taylor, Graham Stewart
SAM – Lerentee McCray, Darrin Kitchens

My guess is that Chris Johnson has made such a splash on special teams that they know they are going to play him this year. With his size and lack of time at linebacker it may be hard to play him a lot there early in the year, but they moved him anyway and are going to see how it goes. He certainly isn’t the prototype size for a Muschamp linebacker, but the kid can play football.

At safety, the depth chart has gone from barren to saturated and now it is starting to even out. Starting the fall practices with six safeties, at some point they added Jaylen Watkins, Valdez Showers, and Pop Saunders.

In the last week, we have seen Chris Johnson move to linebacker and Watkins back to corner. I wouldn’t be shocked to see another move either, but we have already talked about that.

Muschamp cleared it up pretty good Saturday when he said that Matt Elam is playing pretty consistent and he is happy with him, but that other safety is an issue of sorts. As a matter of fact, I don’t know if it has been reported but Pop Saunders started at the other safety spot in the last scrimmage. Who knows if this is a likely permanent move or not, but it was a significant one to say the least. We will get more into that position battle in just a few minutes.

Here is what I think the 2-deep at safety looks like for this millisecond anyway.

Matt Elam, Joshua Shaw
Pop Saunders, Josh Evans

At cornerback the addition of Watkins back to the group was really a necessity. Having only five CB’s, especially with the constant injury situation Jeremy Brown seems to be in, is a recipe for disaster. But, for Watkins, it is a sign that they really like what he can do and he is now all but cross-trained everywhere in the secondary. Remember I said he assumed both starting safety spots at some point in practice last week.

With Jeremy Brown injured, the starting corners are sophomore Cody Riggs and freshman Marcus Roberson. Roberson and Brown would play the same CB position along with Watkins, while Riggs would likely battle with Moses Jenkins, and Loucheiz Purifoy.

These positions are basically mirror image positions meaning any guy could play either side, but I have always maintained that the staff would like to have complimentary CB’s as in one off-man guy on the field playing alongside a guy that loves to press and bump.

I have nothing against the special teams units, but it isn’t something I ask regularly about. I didn’t know David Lerner was the starting punter ahead of Kyle Christy until Muschamp announced it Saturday. The former walk-on who just received a scholarship is much more a veteran and so give him his props for beating out the scholarship guy brought in to win the job.

Now I am going to get into the position battles we mentioned above and what I believe to be the top five key position battles that are going on right now.

LG – Kyle Koehne, Ian Silberman – This one caught everyone off guard Saturday but it shouldn’t have been that surprising. As we have mentioned a few times here, Koehne has been drawing praise from the staff and our sources since the start of fall camp. As Muschamp made it very obvious Saturday, they are going to play their best five players on the line and it may very well be that Koehne has gone from a listed #7 to into the top five. Again, you have to remember, this can only be a good thing as Silberman didn’t get worse since the fall started.

Also remember, this is a battle. We hear Silberman is not going to take this sitting down and he wants that spot back. He has always busted his butt and been a guy that totally gets after it, and I expect this war to be a big one.

RT – Matt Patchan, Chaz Green – Patchan has taken the spot since Green was injured, but he has also earned it. One of the great things here is that Green is already trained well at both right and left tackle, so at this moment he would be the top backup at both positions, especially since Koehne seems destined for the inside. I also like the fact that Patchan has earned it, even though Green is hurt. He is the starter now because he has been playing well.

RB – Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps – This is a battle of two different styles for the same type of player, if that makes sense. Both are speed guys that get to the edge so fast, and stretch defenses in the running game, and then have the ability to take it to the house in the blink of an eye. This is also another example of one guy just having an excellent fall, even more than spring, and just taking off with it. I expect this to be a battle throughout, and both guys are going to get more than 10 carries a game from the running back position.

BUCK – Ronald Powell, Lerentee McCray – As I mentioned, I did some digging after former players were elsewhere talking down the play of Powell. Well, I got a little mixture of both sides of the coin, but probably a little more negative than I anticipated. Still, I think folks need to realize that there are expectations placed on this true sophomore with pretty limited experience that are way out of control. I also know that the staff is enamored with him, despite what onlookers say about seeing him at practice. He is also a key recruiter for Florida which further tells us that the staff is ‘all in’ with Ronald Powell.
Again, I am not questioning what others saw, as I did not. I am just adding perspective to the situation that some may not know or haven’t thought of.

I would also add that McCray has really progressed and I could honestly see him playing more of the WDE role as the BUCK while Powell played more of the SAM linebacker. The two are going to be on the field at the same time almost all of the time anyway, so they could really do some deceptive things moving the two around at the two positions. I would just say watch this one closely.

Safety – Pop Saunders, Josh Evans – Finally, there is probably no one more surprised than me at the lack of good news for Josh Evans. Muschamp has been pretty deliberate, however without naming Evans, that he isn’t happy with that spot right now, the spot opposite Elam in the secondary.

This does require another however… You guys that follow recruiting remember me always praising Pop Saunders as a recruit. I saw him in person multiple times and he has great instincts breaking on the ball and that is how he always played the cornerback position. He would bait quarterbacks and then go get the ball and jump in front of the receiver, taking it the other direction with his athletic skills.

Give the staff credit for watching this and putting him in a position to be that guy, but at a position that absolutely requires ball instincts more than basically any other on defense.

HollywoodBob
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Great info Bob. Thx.
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Palo20 Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Luv, great job on getting Floyd's #4.

Thanks!

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorGoku Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Luv the rosters are great!!! Easley has moved to DE and Floyd has been moved to DT. McCray is playing DE or the Buck position till Powell gets back from injury. Marcus Roberson is one of our starting CB. He started as a true freshman. He did pretty good against our opponents best receiver. He is listed as our 3rd or 4th CB. Thanks Luv.

GatorGoku
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorGoku Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey Luv, Dante Fowler is #6 and Antonio Morrison is #12. Morrison is starting in place of Jelani Jenkins who is hurt but will return for the LSU game. Also Bullard and Fowler have been rotating in and out of the lineup. Both are doing pretty good. We have been playing alot of freshman. Thanks for all the hard work Luv...

GatorGoku
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Our QB Jeff Driskell has been playing well. Getting better and better each game and passing over 71% on completions. He has a big arm and throws it on the money. He is also very agile running it and got out of 3 sacks last game with his feet. Isn't afraid of contact and runs tough.

Also, FB/RB/TE Trey Burton should be faster. Had a 80 yd TD run vs Tennessee last week and beat everyone outside. Showed some good burst and strength.

Our OL as a whole has been solid as well, with the exception of Nixon (LT). Everyone else has played great, esp running it.

RB Mike Gilislee is a stud. Plays bigger than his size and shows great burst and vision, along with good agility.

DE/LB McCray has been our best pass rusher and getting to the QB regularly. Also can drop back in coverage and do the job as well. Done a very nice job so far.

LB Morrison has been a stud. Big hitter with a constant motor and seems to be in on most every play. He is the top backup OLB and is starting in place of Jenkins as the poster above stated. He has been a very nice addition to the defense. Other freshman besides him who have played well are DE Fowler and DE Bullard. Both in regular rotation and get alot of snaps. Defense doesn't skip a beat with either in there and some might argue he has shown more than Easley when in the game.
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorGoku Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Luv, Neiron Ball is #11 and is also rotating in with the LBs. Solomon Patton has also been getting alot of reps. Thanks Luv..

GatorGoku
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Mike Gilislee in need of a boost. He is running the ball very well and essentially the Gator offense now. After the LSU game, holding them to 6 pts and dominating them defensively, I would say the front 7 should get some love. This team is very good defensively, OL blocks very well, great play from RBs and QB Driskell also improving game by game and very mobile and athletic.
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorGoku Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Luv,
Pop Saunders and Matt Patchan are no longer with the team. Also Antonio Morrison is #12. He is a hard hitter and played for Jelani Jenkins when he was hurt. Overall our team did great. The defense was stout and the offense got better.

GatorGoku
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2