luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc)

2 posters

Go down

Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc) Empty Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc)

Post by GatorMuschomp Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 pm

went thru the beta roster and to make it much easier, you should go here and this will give you the best idea on players that need to be updated/depth, etc.

UPDATED GATOR DEPTH CHART (updated as of 8/20 and not much should change leading into season opener).

The best info was the long post by Hollywood Bob, detailing the position battles, who was ahead of who, etc. The link reflects all of what he posted too.

Couple little things:

DE Ronald Powell's speed should be updated. Was in the mid 80s last year and now at a mysterious 79. He ran in the 4.5s in the 40 so 79 really isn't indicative of that. Also Koehne is the starting LG now and should be highest rated at that position. Patchan is the starting RT and should be rated the highest as well.

Robert Clark WR has the jersey #70, but is actually #7 (not sure if that is something you can fix tho).

CB De'Ante "Pop" Saunders is the starting FS and rated very low considering Evans is an 80 and 2nd string FS now. They are battling for the starting spot currently. FB Hunter Joyer is one of, if not the strongest player on the team. His strength should be in the low 80s at least. He was a HS weight lifting champion as well. Very strong kid.

CB Moses Jenkins should be dropped waaaay down. He is currently the 4th CB and rated an 80 I believe. 75 would be his ceiling. He can't cover anyone. Currently Brown is injured and Roberson and Riggs are the starters. Roberson could likely end up starting when Jeremy Brown returns to practice this weekend. He has been very good in practice and scrimmages.

Lastly, OLB McCray should be boosted a bit as well. He has cemented himself as a starter and is rated very slow in the game. He was a converted DE, so his coverage skills are very low and should be raised up a bit as he is dropping in coverage now.

Overall, good looking rosters, just needs some tweaking. I also noticed a couple guys who's weight/height was off. Can't recall off top of my head at the moment however.

Last edited by GatorMuschomp on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc) Empty Re: Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc)

Post by GatorMuschomp Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Depth for season opener was released today and can be found here: http://www.gatorcountry.com/page/gator_football_depth_chart/

Also, one jersey # change: WR Dunbar now is #9

Things to look at in link (WR, LG, FS, SS, KR, PR, LB, DE, DT depth changes)
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc) Empty Re: Florida updates (jersey # changes, depth chart changes, etc)

Post by GatorMuschomp Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:28 pm

DL S. Floyd switched back to his old jersey # of 73 from #4. Dunbar went back to #84 as well from #9.

I noticed WR Clark is #70, he is #7, but if it isn't possible to fix, just make him 87 since it is available.

Also if possible, Chris Johnson is in the 3 deep at OLB if you can get him in game.

#29 Chris Johnson LB 5' 9" 205 FR HS Ocala/Trinity Catholic
A three-star recruit by Rivals.com and Scout.com…Rated in the Rivals.com Florida Postseason Top 100…Helped Trinity Catholic to a 14-0 record and the 2B state championship as a senior…Chose Florida over Louisville, Memphis, South Carolina and Vanderbilt…Coached by John Brantley III.

Known to be a big hitter.

Last edited by GatorMuschomp on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Jersey # updates)
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Palo20 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:30 am

Why did Floyd change his number? I was looking forward to seeing #'s 2, 4, and 7 on the DLine.

Luv had the use the workaround to get him #4 too. Now Floyd can't go back to #73 in the game because of Nixon.

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Not that one game (esp against an inferior opponent) is worthy of a bunch of changes, but here are a few you might consider making:

CB Roberson is a big time talent at CB. He basically was given one side of the field to cover and he dominated as a true frosh. I would upgrade him a bit.

DT Easley is insanely fast off the ball and was getting into the backfield on some plays b4 the QB was even setting to throw. Crazy good burst off line.

MLB Taylor played very well and it a big hitter. Should be upped a bit.

OLB McCray has finally become a player. He was always in the right spot and played very well. Showed quickness and was in the right spot most every play.

RT Patchan is an absolute beast on the OL. He was mashing guys every play. I know Green started, but Patchan played alot and will be the starter there going forward. He has very good feet in pass protection.

We ran a very vanilla offense not showing much to our upcoming SEC opponents and dominated the game from start to finish on both sides of the ball. I was very impressed with coach and how he has these kids ready to play. One game, yes...but so far, so good. GO GATORS!

GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Palo20 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Dominique Easley dominating against FAU. He needs 90+ ACC. Looks like a young Gerald McCoy here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=979v_dZ-N5A

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Palo20 wrote:Dominique Easley dominating against FAU. He needs 90+ ACC. Looks like a young Gerald McCoy here.

Reminds me even more of a young Warren Sapp....
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Palo20 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:43 pm

GatorMuschomp wrote:
Palo20 wrote:Dominique Easley dominating against FAU. He needs 90+ ACC. Looks like a young Gerald McCoy here.

Reminds me even more of a young Warren Sapp....

I'll take it!

Either way, he's firing off the ball and looks like a 1st rounder already. Easily the best player on the field Saturday night, can't wait to watch him develop further.

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 pm

I agree. Big stud as long as coaches keep him engaged and focused. Powell, on other hand...hasn't lived up to the hype at all. Gets engaged on blocks too long and doesn't get separation. Reacts well, but can't get off the blocks.

Hopefully Floyd gets re-instated by NCAA soon...we need him!!

Also, glad to see Rainey do well. This is the perfect offense for him.
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Palo20 Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:00 pm

GatorMuschomp wrote:I agree. Big stud as long as coaches keep him engaged and focused. Powell, on other hand...hasn't lived up to the hype at all. Gets engaged on blocks too long and doesn't get separation. Reacts well, but can't get off the blocks.

Hopefully Floyd gets re-instated by NCAA soon...we need him!!

Also, glad to see Rainey do well. This is the perfect offense for him.

Yes, Rainey looks awesome. I hate making the Harvin comparisons, but he showed Harvin-like agility. Much better side to side movement than in the past. Demps of course, still out running everyone. I like how Weis is playing to their strengths then hopefully they start recruiting a few bruising backs to run between the tackles.

Agree on Powell, he's not showing great explosion. He plays with some power though and even last year, he was a force against the run when he played SAM. Obviously ou want to see the special pass rush ability, so hopefully it'll develop. Actually reminds me a bit of Derrick Harvey and the way his transition to the NFL has gone. Harvey has been a decent run stuffer, but has shown no pass rush explosion or moves.

Also, loved the LBs flying to the football. Brantley looked comfortable and confident. Even the "easy" flat passes were right on the money so Rainey could catch it in stride and take off. Also showed a strong arm and nice touch on some throws from the far hash.

Very encouraging opening night all around.

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Actually we have recruited two big backs who will be on campus next season.
GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorMuschomp Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Changes for v2:

* WR Dunbar is now #9 and should be best WR on team. He is most talented all around and is a deep threat.

* WR Thompson should go down. Bad hands, doesn't do a whole lot with ball. He is fast, but doesn't really make plays and somehow is highest rated WR on team.

* RB Rainey should get a small boost in catch

* CB Roberson should be 2nd highest rated CB on team. Riggs is currently 2nd highest rated, but he will be nickelback once CB Brown is back from injury.

* FS Saunders is starter ahead of Evans and should be rated a little higher. Evans is not physical enough from a hitting standpoint and thus does not start.

* SS Elam should get a small boost in awareness. Best safety on team and captain of the defense back there.

GatorMuschomp
GatorMuschomp
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down