luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for Inner Circle Members

+20
blackhawk68
Hokie017839
ExtraPointz
AG
truecat1530
Bgeezas400
JHScroggs
kingjames331
Cman5
Iwatchedherdie
MUTOMAN5
kf15
MichiganMan_24
bigtimegeek
CarolinaCJAM
dreneel
gza21
crowshow
jd@os
luvtotha9s
24 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Help for Inner Circle Members - Page 7 Empty Re: Help for Inner Circle Members

Post by luvtotha9s Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am

Damn...you having trouble again Crow? Try this for now http://usbtips.com/corrupted-usb-flash-drives-data-recovery-tutorial/ It also may be your Flash drive....maybe try another one....here is another help I found on the internet "Corrupted data! Please help!!!!
hi there. i am new to downloading files for ps3 and i am having trouble with every option file i try and put on my ps3.
this is what i have been doing:
1. download option file to pc.
2. extract files onto my usb.
3. put in folders called 'ps3' and 'savedata'.

when i go onto the ps3 and look on the usb it just says "corrupted data".it does this with every option file i download." Answer "Extract the PS3 folder from the option file, dont extract the savedata folder from the PS3 folder keep them together, do this on your desktop then transfer to your usb.
Before loading an option file you have to make sure you have the most recent EA update & also make sure that any edit data you already have saved is deleted."

Here is another good answer and you may find this helpful:
No way to get it back. All you can do is delete the data and start over. Data corruption happens from one of two ways (if not more, but I only know of two and they're very obvious anyway):

1. When you turned it off, the game happened to be saving (this is fairly common. Sometimes it's also unavoidable because your system can randomly freeze in the middle of it saving which forces you to turn off the system to get it working again.)

2. You unplugged the system while it was on. Unplugging the PS3 is NOT the right way to turn it off (frozen or not.) It can actually corrupt data on the HDD, corrupt the entire HDD itself, or outright kill your system completely.

Considering that there's no way to fix or get anything back, you can PREVENT it (I do this myself and it works like a charm.) You can simply make a back up of the game save. There's two ways to do this:

*NOTE: PS3 game save data is USER SPECIFIC. You CANNOT use one users save on another user*

1. With a USB flash drive or other mass storage device (MUST be formatted to FAT32 or the PS3 won't have any idea what it is.) You can basically copy the game save onto it. Game saves are located in Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3). You can copy it by clicking Triangle on desired save > Copy > select the flash drive using x. If the data ever corrupts, you simply plug it in and re-copy it back onto your PS3.

2. I use this one the most because I find it more convenient, but 1 will work as well. If you have another user you can copy the save onto it. If you don't have another user then go make one. To make one go to Users > Create New User on the XMB. Rename it whatever you want (I called mine "Back Up" to make it simple and know exactly which user is for what *I have 5 that's why*.) From there you go to your user with the save, triangle, copy, then it will give you the option to put it onto that user. *this is where the NOTE comes into effect by the way. If you try to play that save on this user it won't work. It has to be the original user. So anyway, you copy it. Then say it corrupts again one day on your usual user. You go to your back up user, triangle copy, and re-copy it to your original user, go back to your original and you can play again like nothing happened.

The only thing with the above 2 things is you have to occasionally delete the older copy and replace it with a new copy to keep it up to date and current with how far you are. So the farther you progress you want to update the copy. It won't let you copy the same thing twice, so you have to go into the back up user and delete the copy, THEN you'll be able to copy it back. I figured this out one day when I was bored and just seeing what I could do in the PS3. I've had Borderlands corrupt on me a couple times so this comes in VERY handy for me and I'm sure it will for you as well.

luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

https://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7