luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron Green Picks TCU

2 posters

Go down

Aaron Green Picks TCU Empty Aaron Green Picks TCU

Post by Haitiankid79 Sun May 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Aaron Green, a former five-star running back recruit, wanted to transfer from Nebraska closer to his San Antonio home. He made his choice.

"I will be finishing my football career at Texas Christian University aka TCU," Green tweeted.

Part of Green's decision to leave the Cornhuskers was based on what he felt wasn't a good system fit. TCU definitely uses its backs in a more traditional fashion compared to Nebraska's zone read scheme.

"Man, it's my style of play," Green told Blake Hurtik of the San Antonio Express-News. "Speed everywhere. It's real explosive and real exciting to watch.

"At the end of the day, I thought it would be best for me to be in a program like that.

"(The Frogs) use their running backs in different ways, like lining up in the slot. It was just everything I was looking for."

Green will be a welcome addition for the Horned Frogs in 2013 -- after he sits out a season due to NCAA transfer rules -- because TCU will lose its top two running backs to graduation. With Ed Wesley and Matthew Tucker out of the equation, Green will compete with Waymon James and B.J. Catalon to start at tailback the following season.

Green will have three years of eligibility remaining once he is able to play for the Horned Frogs. His addition should also change the way TCU's coaching staff approaches recruiting. The Horned Frogs also added Ladarius Anthony among its 2012 class (along with Catalon), but now the team won't have to put as heavy an emphasis on the position for the 2013 class.

Source - ESPN
Haitiankid79
Haitiankid79
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Aaron Green Picks TCU Empty Re: Aaron Green Picks TCU

Post by GoAztecs Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 am

nice pickup for them
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian