luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realism is the key

+13
JFormo
MpGrand
Aztec4life
KingHova
ssryry2
volstopfan14
stlcardz-ndirish
GoAztecs
Haitiankid79
Kansacity
shakenbake
titangator
luvtotha9s
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Realism is the key - Page 2 Empty Re: Realism is the key

Post by jd@os Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:05 pm

luvtotha9s wrote:Why do you love to play with realistic rosters?

I guess I could answer the question...

I was first turned on to realistic rosters a couple of months after I purchased College Hoops 2K7. I would do random names for every team's players, then fully edit my team's players for all the College Hoops titles before that one (name, appearance, hometown, height, weight, accessories, etc). I found out about Operation Sports in mid 2007, and downloaded a roster file for 2K7 and I've been hooked ever since.

For College Hoops 2K8, I teamed with TheAirUpThere to make a roster file. He did the majority of the work naming the players; I then started taking appearance requests, and then began doing something very time consuming: after every one of my team's real games, I would go to their official website photo gallery and edit every player I saw in the pictures--including the opposing teams. Then I would go through Sports Illustrated and ESPN magazines and edit any player I saw in those.

I hated NCAA Basketball 09 so I took it back one day after buying it, only to purchase it a couple of months before NCAA BB 10 was released, so no work on that one. But after the players were named by the OS community, I started the appearance editing process again, taking any and all suggestions and completing them within 48 hours of seeing them.

I love the realism that names provide, but the thing that sells me on Luv's roster files is that like me, he makes appearance edits. I know this is crazy, but if I see a magazine laying around from 2007 with a picture of a college basketball player in it, I will edit him in College Hoops 2K7--even though I don't even play it anymore. I'm all about realism in college games, and names and appearances take it to the next level.

[img]Realism is the key - Page 2 6226935[/img]
jd@os
jd@os
Roster Lover
Roster Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by TMob384 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:43 pm

let me ask this question who can name most of the players on their respectable teams without downloading

TMob384
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by lilvilly75 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 pm

TMob384 wrote:let me ask this question who can name most of the players on their respectable teams without downloading

I can

lilvilly75
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Confubitated Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Qb, arron Murray, Hutson mason, Christian leman, Parker welch
Rb- Richard Samuel, isaih Crowell, Carlton Thomas, Ken malcome, Ben Barton

Fb- Bruce figgins, alex ogletree, Dustin royston
Te- orson Charles, Aaron white, arthur lynch, jay Rome
Wr- Tavares king, marlon brown, Michael banner, malcome Mitchell, rantavious Wooten, israel troupe,
Tackles- Cordy Glenn, Justin Anderson, Austin long, watts dantzler
Guards- kenarious gates, chris burnette, Dallas lee, hunter long,
Centers- Ben jones, David Andrews

De- abry jones, deangelo Tyson,
Dt- kwame geathers, John Jenkins
Olb- cornelious Washington, Jarvis jones, chase vasser, Reuben faloughi, ray drew
Ilb- Christian Robinson, Alec ogletree, Brandon burrows, amarlo Herrera, ramik Wilson, mark deas
Cb- Brandon Boykin, branden smith, derek Owens, Damian swan, marshal (freshman),
Safety- bacarri Rambo, sanders comings, shawn Williams, Corey Moore, chris sanders, jakar Hamilton

K - Blair Walsh, Brandon bogotay
P- drew butler

That is off the top of my head for UGA, I can give height and weight for most also. Sad I know. Wrote on my iPhone outside watching my daughter so that's why it's messy. Just curious to see how close I am.

Confubitated
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum