luvtotha9sRosters and More

IC Breech (all good things must pass)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IC Breech (all good things must pass)

Post by luvtotha9s on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Some Robin Hood has decided to do the one thing I asked everyone not to do...and now I can't trust the IC.....because we have a Rat in the IC....I mean,I could have even handled you sharing with your friends as long as some asshole didn't post it in a public forum and tried to say his couple edits were already better than my 2 months of work.....oh well...I knew this would happen eventually....everything changes now.....and there is only one person to blame....the Rat....come forward and gain back a shred of dignity....you aren't stealing from a major corporation....I'm one dude, working round the clock to bring my IC the best rosters.....Can't stop,won't stop,never stop...this just adds fuel to my Fire....Game on Rat!!!!
luvtotha9s
Admin

http://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: IC Breech (all good things must pass)

Post by zoon on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 am

Fuck this guy.

Last edited by zoon on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 am

please don't keep bumping the thread....I doubt it will die....but we don't need to give it any more pub
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 am

I'm just mad/sad dude. I truly don't know what to tell you. I just want to thank you for all of your work and dedication to these rosters. I know I've told you that a million times before, but I mean it man. Sad
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks so much brother....I'm still going to make the best rosters around....but now there will just have to be an extensive interview of some sorts to retain Inner Circle Membership...because I am continuing on....no doubt....but obviously I can't keep sending as I have been to a potential Rat/s. Things will never be the same....but I'll come up with something
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:06 am

I hate to tell you that I thought this was going to happen and we have discussed this in prior talks, but this is truly sad to read. I have been a little worried how people were "wanting Luv's rosters" but weren't wanting to be part of the Inner Circle. However, those people probably supported this jerk who took your work and tried to gain credit for it. Really sad to read this tonight, after all the work you have put into the rosters, the help from other key members on this site, and some one decides to take advantage of this.

Another thing I was wondering as a possibility from a mod prospective is if there is a way to have access to read these forums. You constantly see guests reading each post by the members, yet no one is signed in from the forums. I have seen in other forums that you have to register before you can even view the posts in the forum. Wondered if there was something we could do along those lines because people know your work or recommend your work to a friend, so there isn't a need to attract more users/people who steal other people's work.

I have had this happen in the past at OS, whether it was a roster I created, a created team, or a spreadsheet with detailed information. It is so frustrating to see your work, and someone "calling" it their own hard work. Just pathetic.
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Murr-ified on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 am

I just wanted to thank you since I am one of the newest users and I haven't done so yet. I have used your rosters since Cam Newton was at Auburn and I love your work! I also must say that I can not wait for the first re-rate update to release and I am super excited about it! If there is anything I can do to help you catch this dumb a$$ that did what you specifically asked us not to please let me know.

Murr-ified
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by mookierynne on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 am

I was in the IC last year but hadn't joined yet this year, when you figure out the criteria or interview questions let me know. I got the game the other day, curious what you did with ASU as the default roster is garbage.

mookierynne
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by trailerpark007 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm actually really disgusted by this action. Way take take an awesome thing and F it up for everyone. You're a better man than me because I would even contemplate not doing any more rosters now or after this year. I hope that doesn't happen though. I would say that I wouldn't blame you if that's what you chose.

I do like the idea of making everyone sign up with a login. I have noticed that I'm always the only registered user on with about four guests with me. Another thing to contemplate would be to maybe upload Version 1 and let the vultures attack it. I know it isn't necessarily the fact of the roster being out as it is of other people passing it of as their own. I tell you man, that sucks and I feel your pain but on the other side of the sword, it happens in corporate America as well. It still doesn't make it right but it still happens.

I am new to the IC this year but I did use version one last year when posted in your locker and it was impressive. It actually got me hooked this year. I actually didn't start playing until your rosters came out. I don't know what I can do to help with any of this, but if there is, I'm in.

Hang in there bro. For every moron out there that doesn't give a rats ass about you and your hard work, there are several people out here that respect you and the tedious work you do.
trailerpark007
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks for the kind words and support....I still haven't decided if I will go forward....I'm continuing work on Version 2 and will decide in the coming weeks...Can't picture myself updating for the rest of the season, just to watch some joker post all my work in a public forum...Time will Tell
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am

luvtotha9s wrote:Thanks for the kind words and support....I still haven't decided if I will go forward....I'm continuing work on Version 2 and will decide in the coming weeks...Can't picture myself updating for the rest of the season, just to watch some joker post all my work in a public forum...Time will Tell

And that is what worried me when this fool posted your work, that it would discourage you from future work that is of the highest quality. Amazing how one person of the Inner Circle could ruin it for the rest of the people on this forum.

Thank you for your post trailerpark, echo those sentiments as well. And pointing out about the number of "guests" on the forum
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:09 pm

I have to say Luv that it is very hard not to respond on OS to that idiot's thread. People posting things like "you are a great man for releasing this free to the public" and "this is a great service". Are you f'ing kidding me?

However, I don't want to give that guy any more hits on his thread. I have complained to mods on that site and that was pointless. Almost feel like posting 1 key posts repeatedly on that thread just to frustrate his followers trying to find updates on his work, but I won't fall to his immature level, as this wonderful individual thinks he has done nothing wrong.

Also love the people posting "reviewed the roster and all he did was name everyone with a few changes, not much better than the OS version". First off, I bet those same people making those comments are using your rosters over any other version. Secondly, have you seen the OS rosters? Just brutal because they were taking everyone's suggestions, even ones that were completely incorrect. Lastly, I have sweeped your rosters repeatedly and the little nuiances that you have put into them has been absolutely wonderful, whether it be a certain transfer, or a player that you knew would get playing time over another.
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokie017839 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm

GoAztecs wrote:I have to say Luv that it is very hard not to respond on OS to that idiot's thread. People posting things like "you are a great man for releasing this free to the public" and "this is a great service". Are you f'ing kidding me?

However, I don't want to give that guy any more hits on his thread. I have complained to mods on that site and that was pointless. Almost feel like posting 1 key posts repeatedly on that thread just to frustrate his followers trying to find updates on his work, but I won't fall to his immature level, as this wonderful individual thinks he has done nothing wrong.

Also love the people posting "reviewed the roster and all he did was name everyone with a few changes, not much better than the OS version". First off, I bet those same people making those comments are using your rosters over any other version. Secondly, have you seen the OS rosters? Just brutal because they were taking everyone's suggestions, even ones that were completely incorrect. Lastly, I have sweeped your rosters repeatedly and the little nuiances that you have put into them has been absolutely wonderful, whether it be a certain transfer, or a player that you knew would get playing time over another.

On the subject of the OS Rosters, they are just terrible. I've looked at every version they've done, and not only are they not getting the transfers, etc. all accurate or close to it, there are even spelling errors everywhere. The ratings edits, to your point Aztec, seem to be done just because some random user posts and suggests so-and-so should get a speed bump or so on.

Not trying to turn this into a "bash the OS Rosters" thread, but the suggestion by any of the posters over on that site that luv's rosters are anywhere close to the poor quality of those if asinine and I had to comment.

Hokie017839
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by canencarolina on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Luv I joined your site just to comment on whats going on with your rosters. I saw that some guy had got a hold of your week 1 rosters and was giving them away for free. From reading the responses in his post I can’t tell that everyone doesn’t agree with what he did, also the OS community rosters are still going strong. They probably are not as good as yours, but they are being downloaded and used.

I really feel that you don’t have to do anything to respond to what he did, this guy has probably bitten off more than he can chew. When the people that are singing his praises want james wilder to be lighter or darker complexion, want the Miami running back to have long or short hair, it will become a full-time job, and at the end of the day when he is done with all his tweaks to your roster, you will release your version 2 and you know what’s going to happen, they will say Luv released his new rosters, do you think you can get them for us, and he will feel like crap, because after all his hard work they will show there appreciation by asking for your version 2 roster.

So do nothing, just sit back and enjoy the show, because when you release your version 2 rosters they will eat their young. Maybe you can do something like charge $10 for week 1 rosters, and if someone wants the updates for the whole year they just pay the $25. Just a suggestion.

canencarolina
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by jd@os on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:15 pm

GoAztecs wrote:And that is what worried me when this fool posted your work, that it would discourage you from future work that is of the highest quality. Amazing how one person of the Inner Circle could ruin it for the rest of the people on this forum.....

Exactly. I'm more of a college basketball fan than college football, and as most of you know, 2K and EA don't make college basketball games anymore.

That said, I'm also more of a fan of college sports than professional. Of course I watch and keep up with the NFL and the NBA, but I love college athletics. I've said this before, and I really mean it: the ONLY reason I get NCAA Football games is because of Luv's rosters--seriously. The day he stops cranking them out is the day I stop buying the game. It would be easy for me to do that because I'm not a huge fan of college football like I am of college hoops, but I want to stop buying the game because Luv himself decided to call it quits--not because some guy wanting Thanksgiving in September ruins it and makes Luv bow out.

I wish whoever it was would realize something: no matter how you try to rationalize it, you are going to mess up a good thing. If someone outside of the Inner Circle convinces you to give him the roster, you'll make that free-loading creep happy--and in turn, you'll make the rest of us have to get community rosters from Operation Sports in the near future. I won't put down OS rosters, but I ain't in "luv" with them. Feel me?
jd@os
Roster Lover
Roster Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokie017839 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:12 pm

jd@os wrote:

I wish whoever it was would realize something: no matter how you try to rationalize it, you are going to mess up a good thing. If someone outside of the Inner Circle convinces you to give him the roster, you'll make that free-loading creep happy--and in turn, you'll make the rest of us have to get community rosters from Operation Sports in the near future. I won't put down OS rosters, but I ain't in "luv" with them. Feel me?

That hit it on the head right there. Like everyone else, I paid $25 because of the detail and realism that goes into these. These rosters MADE this game for me last year when I discovered luv's set for the first time. Regardless of all the debate over "property" and so forth over at OS, ripping off someone's work is weak, and he made it a point to let everyone know WHO he ripped off. He didn't bother to use OS rosters as "his base," and there's a reason for that. Those rosters might make dynasty playable, but they dont provide the Saturday authenticity that luv's do. I hope we don't lose that.

Hokie017839
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top