Post by zoon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:51 pm

GoAztecs vs. Zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Re: MW DYNASTY

Post by zoon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm using Washington St. playbook, and running a 4-3.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Just got my ass kicked by the Miners 38-14.  Heisman level is really tough, but I can live with my loss because I made a ton of mistakes on offense. I don't want to play on AA just yet, since I'm in another dynasty that is on All American, and it is super easy...almost comical.

My first game against UTSA was closer than the 24-7 indicated.  They marched down the field on every possession, but they constantly made errors inside my 35 yard line.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 am

Sweet...keep the updates coming, I can experience NCAA14 vicariously through you guys.
luvtotha9s
Admin

http://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:11 pm

you are posting our horrible results? ugh! Heisman level against UTEP was insane, every play, they had someone open
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 pm

GoAztecs wrote:you are posting our horrible results? ugh!  Heisman level against UTEP was insane, every play, they had someone open
hahaha!!!! who knew that Showers would turn UTEP into a goddamn BCS title contender!

Anyway, I had more fun losing to the Miners than I had in my other AA dynasty. Ive only played three games in the AA dynasty, and I'm already bored. In three games, I've given up a total of about 300 yards of offense. The games are 21-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Good luck against Ohio St. cheers My suggestion....get an early lead, and milk the clock. haha
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I used to like this game and used to love dynasties. I think I am heading towards a no win season
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 pm

We'll go down to AA once conference games start. Heisman might be too much for us, since we are not powerhouse teams. I think we start conference play in week 5.

At least we can say that we gave it a try. It just seems like the CPU's run game is unstoppable at times, and if you blitz to stop the run, the CPU has pin-point accuracy vs man coverage when passing.

If you play a 90+ rated team on heisman, you can forget it. They make all the right plays. Their 3rd down conversion % is always above 75.

Do you have any other suggestions?

zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:24 pm

or we can try out sliders for the next two games, just to see if they are nice or not.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:37 pm

All I know is that Braxton Miller won the Heisman after playing me. He kept stiff arming LBs. Would fake out DBs. Never threw an incomplete pass, always found the open man, etc. It was just so tough. Maybe it is harder for me this year as I usually work my way up to Heisman. Also, focus has been on rosters, haven't played many actual games.
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah forget default heisman then....its way too over-powerd. Let's try these sliders from "Charter04" on Operation Sports. I've played a few games with them, and they are nice (not perfect).

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/641168-charter04s-ncaa-football-14-heisman-sliders.html

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy: 5-10/5
(With User accuracy this low you will have to put touch on passes. You can't fire the ball all over the field. It's the only setting that gets close to making the QB accuracy rating matter. You can raise it to 10 if you hate 5. I wish 7 or 8 was an option)
Pass Blocking: 30/45
WR Catching: 40/40
RB Ability: 45/65
Run Blocking: 25/50
Pass Coverage: 45/100
Interception: 30/40
Rush Defense: 40/65
Tackling: 45/50
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Pitt 28 UNM 23

It was a tale of two halves. Pitt was unstoppable in the first, and they built a nice 21-3 halftime lead. We caught on fire in the second, and had a chance to win the game with 53 seconds left in the game on our 35 yard line after a punt from Pitt. But I threw a pick, our only turnover of the game, on the first play from scrimmage.

The sliders feel great. It seems like momentum plays a huge factor. QB pass accuracy might need some time to get used to, but I still threw for 211 yards and 85% completion. I like these.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 pm

okay, look forward to trying out the next game, the first two were horrible
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 pm

If either of us lose in week 5 to UNLV and NMSU respectively, we will have to go down to AA for the rest of the season, otherwise, we might get fired.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Played #24 Oregon State last night and lost 24-7.  However, it was definitely more realistic, 7-7 at the half.  Defense was much better on these new sliders, felt like I actually had a chance.  QB accuracy, that is a different story. Dingwell was 9-27.  I had better completion percentage in my first 2 games. I even tried simple routes like curls, slants, HB screens, and he kept missing them by 5 yds, throwing behind them.  Hopefully that changes in my next game or it will be a long season running the ball every down

0-3, on my way to 0-12 and being fired...GO AZTECS!!!!!
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Well, at least your score looked realistic, compared to the other scores. 9-27 is not good. Like I said, the next game will decide whether or not we will keep these sliders. If our stats are out of whack, and if either of us loses, we will go full try-hard mode on AA settings. I don't want us to start hating this game due to the difficulty level. In hindsight, we should of started on AA, and worked our way up. MY FAULT scratch 
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:22 pm

UNM 13 UNLV 10

It was a nail-biter the whole game.  We struggled offensively, because we could not convert on 3rd down (3 of 9).   My QB Gausche had a 75% completion, but was off on all of his 3rd down passes.  My running game couldn't get on track either.  

Defensively, we dominated.  Stopping the run was a little tough, but UNLV could not complete a pass more than 5 yards deep.  Their qb was 17-24, but for only 79 yards.  UNLV went 2 for 10 on 3rd down conversions.

Overall, the game felt great.  It felt like a user v user game, with the variety of play calling, and great CPU animations.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Settings changed to default AA.

UNM 13 NMSU 6

Game didn't feel that much different than the past 2 games on heisman. The CPU is still tough to figure out on third and long. On offense, I'm having trouble reading the CPU zone defense for some reason. I threw 2 picks, and both were on y-corner routes where the defense was playing cover 3, and the cb just sat waited for me to pass.

I picked up 5 recruits last week. A 74 overall JUCO Athlete was my prize recruit. He can either play QB or WR, but I'm going to play him at WR next year, because he'll instantly be the go-to guy.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm

I apologize for my rant about the New Mexico St game, I was so pissed, never been that upset about a video game. Was such a joke to lose that game.

What are your tips on this year's recruiting? I always used to recruit great, but can't figure out this version
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:19 pm

im not good at recruiting, in fact, i hate doing it. its tolerable in this game, because all you have to do is set the points. i just target guys that are interested in my school...thats it.

as far as the rant goes, the cpu goes beast-mode on third down, no matter what the settings are. the best thing to do is make sure you keep the momentum on your side. momentum is everything in this game, like it was back in the 2006 version. im just barely getting by in my games, so i'm no expert.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 am

WYO 24 UNM 20

Two int's at mid-filed killed me. We had over 300 yards total offense, but tmost of that came on our final drive, an 80 yard desperation, no huddle drive. We played ok on defense, but we need to get turnovers.

My Wr's are horrible. They are slow making their cuts, and they slow down after making them. I think this is why I'm throwing so many int's. Our best receiver has a 68 rating, so we suck at that postion.

I am done recruiting. We landed another ATH, who looks like he'll play on the o-line (72 rating). We also got a decent pass rusher who has a 68 rating. Right now, we are ranked 30th in the country recruiting, but that will go up since we are not signing anymore players.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Wow, you dudes seem to be struggling...kind of cool that it is difficult to win with lesser caliber teams though.
luvtotha9s
Admin

http://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Won my first game of the season finally, over Nevada 52-7. Rode my RB Adam Muema for 30 carries and 150 yds. 3rd down was not in beast mode this time as often, so the game seemed more realistic. Was able to win by a large margin as Nevada wasn't able to run the read option as well against my 3-3-5 defense, safeties played great.
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 pm

52-7 is crazy. I told you momentum is everything! If the opposing QB is hot, forget about stopping them on 3rd down. I probably should have went with the 335, but I wanted to start running a tampa 2 style defense. It seems to be working ok, but I dont have the DT's, or DE's yet. When running the tampa 2, you need DE's that can get after the QB in a hurry, and fat DT' that can clog the middle. In time though, in time....Twisted Evil 
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:18 pm

luvtotha9s wrote:Wow, you dudes seem to be struggling...kind of cool that it is difficult to win with lesser caliber teams though.
Yeah, bro, the thing I love about being a shitty team, is that every snap counts. If you get lazy in your play-calling, then you'll get burned. Heisman level was way too god-like. I think once we get our teams to at least the B+ range, we will go back to default Heisman. GoAztecs seems to be getting better as the weeks advance, and it feels like I'm regressing, but the season is still young.
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top