luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorado News

3 posters

Go down

Colorado News Empty Colorado News

Post by GoAztecs Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Center Mike Iltis leaves the team

http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_18293739?source=rss
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Colorado News Empty Re: Colorado News

Post by Palo20 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:08 am

Lots of Colorado news:

Colorado's depth chart is much different than it was after spring practices, starting with an official switch to a 3-4 defense and true freshman Greg Henderson earning the starting nod at right cornerback opposite senior Travis Sandersfeld.

Henderson and Sandersfeld have the biggest challenge for the Buffaloes, as they are replacing NFL draft picks Jimmy Smith and Jalil Brown.

As for the 3-4, Josh Hartigan switches from a defensive end to "Jack" outside linebacker. Will Pericak moves outside from tackle to end, while Conrad Obi is officially a nose tackle. The Buffaloes ran a 3-3-5 last season.

Here's the word on the defensive scheme from the official website.

The coaches are now listing the base defense as a 3-4, instead of a 4-3 which has been in place at CU since 1995; the Buffs last lined up in the formation in Bill McCartney’s final year as head coach in ’94. A newly-titled position, “jack” outside linebacker, now complements the two inside linebacker spots (“mike” and “will”) and the opposite outside one (“sam”). Josh Hartigan is the jack OLB, with the former defensive tackle now becoming left defensive end and is manned by Will Pericak and Curtis Cunningham. Conrad Obi (nose tackle) and Chidera Uzo-Diribe (right DE) are slotted next to the left end.

Sophomore Derrick Webb is the starter at the "Will" inside linebacker spot ahead of senior Patrick Mahnke.

Also on defense: True freshman Kyle Washington is the backup strong safety behind Anthony Perkins.

On offense, there aren't any real surprises, other than there being an "and" between senior receiver Tony Clemons and true freshman Tyler McCulloch, meaning they are considered co-starters at the "X" receiver.

There's also an "and" between redshirt freshman Daniel Munyer and sophomore Gus Handler at center.

Redshirt freshman Tony Jones is Rodney Stewart's backup at tailback.

Finally, the Buffaloes announced their team captains: quarterback Tyler Hansen, guard Ryan Miller, linebacker Jon Major and strong safety Anthony Perkins.

Palo20
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Haitiankid79 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 am

Texas quarterback Connor Wood will transfer to Colorado, the redshirt freshman announced Wednesday.

The move comes after Garrett Gilbert was named the Longhorns' starter on Monday. Wood was tied for third on this week's depth chart with David Ash and behind Case McCoy.

"I want to thank coach (Mack) Brown, coach (Bryan) Harsin, all of the coaches, and my teammates for the opportunity to play at a great school like the University of Texas," Wood said. "I loved playing for UT and gave it my all, but I felt I needed to seek a new opportunity. I will always cherish the memories and friends I developed as a Longhorn, but I'm excited about the next chapter in my life and looking forward to playing at the University of Colorado."

Wood was given his unconditional release from his scholarship.

Haitiankid79
Haitiankid79
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Colorado News Empty 2012

Post by GoAztecs Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

DL Cordary Allen left team
WR Peyton williams will grayshirt
DL Derek McCartney will grayshirt
OL Gerrad Kough will grayshirt
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Colorado News Empty 2012

Post by GoAztecs Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 am

Colorado picks up QB transfer eligible for 2012
Nearly six months after deciding to leave the Kansas football program, and three months after speculation first surfaced connecting Jordan Webb to Colorado, the quarterback has turned the latter rumor into reality.

As the Lawrence Journal-World reported late last week, Webb officially confirmed to the paper that he will be transferring from the Jayhawks to the Buffaloes. The Boulder Daily Camera wrote that Webb “is scheduled to meet with Colorado coaches and academic staffers Tuesday.”

And, as Webb has already graduated from KU, he will be eligible to play immediately in 2012. He should be admitted to grad school at CU later on this month.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/qbs-move-from-jayhawks-to-buffs-nearly-complete/
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Colorado News Empty Jordan Webb

Post by Haitiankid79 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Jordan Webb, the Kansas transfer has been named the starter for the opener against Colorado St.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_21321641/jordan-webb-named-cu-buffs-starting-quarterback
Haitiankid79
Haitiankid79
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:01 am

Richardson out for 2012

When last we heard from Paul Richardson‘s attempt at playing this season after a significant knee injury suffered in the spring, the explosive Colorado wide receiver was progressing faster than expected.

Unfortunately for both the player and the program, not fast enough for playing in 2012 to become a reality.

Following practice Wednesday, Richardson confirmed that he will not play this season as he continues his recovery from a torn ACL. Instead, the receiver will take a redshirt and shift his focus to the 2013 season, even as his rehab and recovery from such an injury is going well.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/30/miracle-denied-richardson-wont-play-for-buffs-in-2012/
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down