luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you want to see in NCAA14?

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What do you want to see in NCAA14? Empty What do you want to see in NCAA14?

Post by luvtotha9s Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 pm

My list has been the same for 2-3 years now
1. at least 85 man rosters
2. Double numbers on offense and defense
3. more options to customize your dynasty (2 modes: sim mode, where you can control as many teams/depth charts as you want, the ability to turn off and on Transfers(Don't most people love to play with the real players on their real teams??) and regular mode)
4. Better AI and have ratings that actually mean something(Too many upsets)
5. Make me a gamechanger or at least ask me how to make this game better and better your reputation as a whole
6. At least have the FCS teams that are on FBS Team's schedules(That would be a great start)
7. ultimate sim mode ( where I can punch in the actual stats of the real games and then the AI mimics those results, thus getting the exact real result as in real life) This would also be cool if we could input the career stats of the players, that would make Team and National records more accurate.
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

https://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see in NCAA14? Empty Re: What do you want to see in NCAA14?

Post by zoon Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

1. Be able to reduce the amount of scholarships allotted to certain user teams in dynasty mode by the commish.

2. Total control over the scheduling by the commish. The CPU fucks up the conference schedule every year.

3. Have the players that are cut by users during "cut players" sign with the lower rated teams. I hate that a player that is a 4 star and above is cut by a user, and the player just disappears.

4. Smoother gameplay. The players run like they are on ice, and they cut at full speed, which looks arcade-like and silly

5. Better o-line blocking. All the blocking is zone blocking in this game.

6. Tone down the QB accuracy.

7. Better pass rushing ability from the defensive ends. It's impossible to get any pressure on the qb from a 4 man rush.

8. Better safety play. Safeties bite on too many plays underneath, even when you pass commit on third and long.

9. Better underneath zone coverage by the linebackers. Its way to easy to hit crossing routes, because the linebackers drift too far up the field.

10. Better animation and interaction between the WR and DB.

11. Have a feature to allow users in dynasty mode to have an intra-squad game during the pre-season so they can try new plays out and check out the new freshman coming in before the real games count.

12. More offensive plays in the all of the play books.

13. Fix the route mirroring by the DB's on WR's
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 am

FCS teams for at least the teams that FBS play, I know they won't bring back all FCS teams.

Have all-star games like the Senior Bowl/ East/West Shrine game. It would be nice to see the star players rewarded for a good season and would be interesting to have a game with the multiple helmets on the field

Better pass rush, have to blitz to get any kind of rush

Limit the amount of audibles in user vs user games (have players maybe false start or something if someone audibles every play

85 player rosters

Have a separate screen listing players that transfer in the offseason. Would be nice to see a summary of the players moving from school to school

Update the recruiting, one person in a dynasty shouldn't get the #1 player at every position, have a little more AI in that.

GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm

The sim engine is horrible...just started a dynasty and Alabama(The highest rated team) already has 2 losses...It's like the ratings I worked so hard on don't even matter... beyond stupid
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Playing a season with Texas A&M...Johnny Football gets hurt every other game and he has a 99 stanima and 99 injury...why have ratings in the game if they mean nada???
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:09 pm

^^^That's why I try not to let my QB run the ball more than 6 times a game. Even when there are no receivers open, I just throw the ball away because I'm afraid to run with the QB. In some ways, I think that the way EA implements injuries to running QB's is decent, because you see too many guys who will take a fast Qb, and try to run the ball with him all game.

I think it's hard for EA to program the game with a versatile QB like Johnny Futbol, because the defense reacts too slow to their mobility. Overall, I really don't have a big problem with QB's getting injured, because it forces guys to stay the pocket more. I can post here all day about EA coding problems, but I won't.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm

yes...I agree that you shouldn't over run your QB...but I didn't and a 99 injury rating should rarely get hurt, if at all...implementing stupid shit to combat cheesers is so Manti Te'o to me.
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:44 pm

EA is just a piece of shit company...period. How the fuck can a company have over $4 billion in revenue, and only make $ 76 million in profit? I'll tell you why...because they put out almost $1 billion in advertising, and they buy-out all of these small production companies, and then gut them.

Look at all the games that EA has put out the last 16 months.
1. Battlefield 3. This game sucks. Who want to run around a big-ass map looking for someone to kill? The maps are too big, and the gameplay is slow as fuck. They are selling this crap for $19 now, because nobody plays it

2. Need of Speed XXI and Deep Space 3...they add a few new features, but these games are essentially carbon copies of their predecessors. EA pays people good money to rehash old shit?

3. Fifa. Now this game is good. This is the only game that is worth a damn, and its the only game that is making EA a profit.

4. Madden. Give me a break

5. NCAA 13. Essentially the same buggy game as its previous 10 releases.

6. Ea's dedicated servers. They make you pay an extra $10 to be on their servers, but the servers are fucking trash. I have connection issues way too often.

7. Crisis 3. This game is DOA. I played it yesterday at a friend's house. When are companies going to realize that FPS games need to have non-stop action, and players need to able to rank-up their weapons in a timely matter in order to compete with the guys who are highly ranked. That's why people dont play Halo or Battlefield, because if you are a casual gamer like me (and like most people), there is no way you can even compete with a veteran of these games. They make it too hard for you to rank up, so people just quit playing the game all together.

I'm really curious to see what EA is going to NCAA 14. I have a feeling that all they are going to do is put in the shitty/glitchy "infinity engine" that Madden has, and market the fuck out of it.

Then again, what other games are there to play? Everything that is out right now is a fucking series game. There is nothing new/innovative out there. I know that "Super Meat Boy" "Fez" "World of Warcraft" and "Minecraft" are all great games, but most of those games are not something I want to play too often for two reasons...1) If you played them once, you've played them 1,000 times 2) I'm not a fuckin' nerd that worries non-stop about leveling up their Paladin in order to compete with other nerds.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

yeah...it's depressing...This is the 1st time I got to actually play this game a lot...It's playable...but only if you love College Football...EA used to be good...back in the Sega Genesis days...I'm almost glad this is my last season doing these...It has me seriously questioning why I just spent 6 months of my life trying to make the game as realistic as possible.
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Fifa is proof that they have it in them to make a quality sports game...of course it's all about the money and NCAA doesn't make anywhere near the cash FIFA brings in...Maybe someday...just sick of saying that year after year after year after year...
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 pm

I want to see all of the uniforms put in the game...I mean ALL OF THEM FOR FREE!!

Check out TT new helmets for next year. Very nice
What do you want to see in NCAA14? E9dc0698624f042f4296acb6de9c1baa_large
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm

WTF is this shit...the worst basketball uniforms ever
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-02-28/adidas-march-madness-uniforms-short-sleeve-jersey
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:54 pm

^^^
What do you want to see in NCAA14? Mike-rhyner-zubaz
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm

stuff about NCAA 14 should be coming out next week

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/03/30/first-news-on-ncaa-football-14-could-arrive-this-coming-week

With the Sam Keller lawsuit gaining momentum and dwindling sales over the past years, I have a feeling that this will be the last installment of NCAA Football for a while. They are going to put the infinity engine in this years game, but I've heard/seen bad things about it.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 pm

The physics engine at work Evil or Very Mad
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Wow,that looks bad, this was the 1st time ever, that I didn't get Madden...looks like my retirement,was perfect timing...
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackhawk68 Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 pm

luvs rosters,(wishful thinking).

blackhawk68
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am

I want to have the ability to change the name of Conferences, or disband a conference. I want the ability to put sanctions on a school that will not be Bowl Eligible for the 2013 season. How can we replicate real life, if there are no Bowl Bans? Medical redshirts would be nice, 85 man rosters, the ability to have Double numbers, long hair that looks good, basic equipment that should have been in the game years ago...this is all wishful thinking, and won't matter anyway...because I will not be purchasing NCAA14 this year.
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Sat May 18, 2013 11:59 am

I found this on OP. Amazing. I don't know how real this is though.

PART ONE

So you want to work in the video game industry?

Working in the video games industry is the goal of a lot of gamers, casual and hardcore alike. What seems better than turning your passion into a paycheck?

This was my mindset, and even though I had very little industry experience, I was determined to find a way in at a full-time capacity. I figured in an industry worth over $10 billion, and there had to be room for me.

I had been gaming since the days of the Atari 2600, and game as much today as I did back in the days of Pitfall and River Raid. As one gets older, the idea of turning one’s passion into gainful employment is an opportunity that rarely presents itself. You have to network and create relationships, and perseverance will need to become a lifestyle, not just an attribute one possesses inside.

There is a multitude of ways that one can work in the industry, from developer, to designer, marketing and advertisement, the amount of jobs the gaming industry creates is a vast one, but video games still one of the hardest industries to be a part of. Do you want to work for a publisher, a developer, a marketing company? The choices seem endless, and one needs to truly understand where their talents lie, and then choose a path that offers the best chance at success.

I chose the field I felt best suited my talents and experience, and proceeded to accept a position with a large company. As you can imagine, my level of excitement was through the roof and I was ready to revolutionize the industry. The excitement lasted for about 2 weeks, as I realized that my job responsibility was less about what I wanted to do and was seemingly brought on to do, and more about doing what I was told to do, so it would reflect upon the company in a positive way.

I had heard stories before I joined the industry about the level of corporate involvement, and how it will almost always supersede that of employee creativity, well I am here to tell you, those stories are true. While my expression of ideas were never frowned upon, it was always about keeping the investors happy and most decisions were based off of that singular idea.

While toeing the company line is not necessarily a bad thing, it can be a very hard thing to follow through on when you know the customer base is the group being neglected by some of your decisions. It’s even harder when the “gamer” in you still lives, and you remember what it was like on the other side in the world of retail consumption and expectation. It wasn’t just myself who had these feelings, and I feel comfortable saying the majority of people I worked with felt the same. People who make these games are passionate and dedicated, they are just bit by hard reality when the time comes to plan out how to maximize investor dollars.

While I am not trying to give the impression that corporate suits sit around the conference table tapping their fingers together, and discuss world domination, it’s not far from that imagery when you really get down to it. It was not very long before I started to understand the inner workings of a major publisher and developer and its minds, which led to continued conflict within me both personally and with my peers.

PART TWO

s I started to settle in and understand my role, it was becoming more and more evident that the things that made sense to me, didn’t necessarily fit into what the company’s expectations were. It was very important to me to provide a voice from the gamers point of view, and I tried to stress that in every meeting, conference call, and ideation session. Sometimes the powers that be were willing to listen, other times my ideas and request just fell on deaf ears. Honestly though, there were some opportunities to offer up new perspectives, and I took full advantage of them in talking to lead developers, marketing, management and basically anyone who would listen about incorporating public desires into certain titles.

At first, the feedback that I received seemed genuine, but if I am being honest, when I saw the execution of the ideas being implemented into certain titles, it felt like coders had heard only half of what I had suggested. Of course, I wasn’t privy to every meeting and to claim I was would be less than the full truth. I can’t explain why certain ideas were carried forward, and other ones were not, other than being told a simple phrase: “We just can’t do it that way.”

There were titles that I saw being developed that I instantly knew were going to fail, and had to idly stand by and watch as millions of dollars were wasted on an IP that would make its way to the bargain bin within two month after release. I also watched one same lead developer get opportunity after opportunity, when it was evident that their ideas and the consumers’ idea of what makes a good title were extremely different. I was amazed at how easily management would eat this garbage up, and couldn’t believe what ideas were deemed good ones, and which ones were passed on when it came time to putting the pen to paper with games.

s frustrating as it was, I at least knew that I had contributed in a positive way to some title development, but when you are not a lead developer all you can do is make suggestions and hope for the best. While it is easy to assume that certain ideas couldn’t work and thus, wouldn’t find their way into said titles because of budget constraints, that wasn’t always the case.

As much as game developers try to tell consumers that budget constraints make things impossible, I just did not found that to always be the case. Of course the budget constraints excuse is true some of the time, and other times it’s because of time constraints, or even of hardware limitations.

However, a lot of the times, features are left out because because the people who are making these decisions are simply making bad ones, and sometimes those same decision makers try to cover those mistakes up by throwing even more bad money on top of it.

It’s one thing to watch a company blow millions of dollars with very little regret, the same as you or I would feel about spending money at a fast food restaurant. It is something else to watch them do it, and watch team members getting laid-off and whole divisions closed because of the horrible business practices that were being carried through on a daily basis.

When I joined this industry, I knew that it was on a financial downturn, so layoffs and firings were not out of my expectations. When they are a necessity because the same mistakes are being made over and over, the passion one once had about their job starts to erode and evaporate, and that is what was happening to me at this point.

PART THREE

After just a few months on the job, I started to reevaluate my desire and need to be a part of the video games industry. The one thing that was important to me though, was portraying a professional attitude, and to not cause waves within the office. Waves are not a good thing in the gaming industry, and one can find their way out of the door very quickly if that is the route one chose to travel down.

It wasn’t as if I was the only one who had to deal with this type of creative suppression, as the majority of my co-workers revealed the same to me as business relationships were built over my time with this company. There were people that had incredible ideas, the ability to convey and implement them, but rarely did they come to fruition. This type of environment was tough to deal with on a daily basis, and it weighed on people constantly. Some dealt with it better than myself of course, but all people are wired differently.

It’s important for the gaming community to understand that the community interactions they participate in, are truly recognized by gaming developers. In most cases the lead developers have pride in their work, and want to include a lot of suggestions that are made within the gaming coumminty, but it doesn’t always work that way.

Almost all ideas have to go through the proper channels and require approval. That doesn’t mean the lead developers can’t run with ideas and include some of their own personal touches, but typically all design decisions are passed around and need to be collectively agreed upon before they move towards implementation.

Having a lot of eyes upon a project may seem like a good thing, but it actually can be a bad thing in some cases. Executives and developers typically have very different ideas of what they want out of a game, which is a constant battle within the workplace.

The developer constantly has on their mind the idea that possibly millions will be playing this game, and thus oftentimes wants to make the game as fun and unique as possible with limited bugs. Executives approach each title with the popular phrase “return on investment” in mind. They are trying to make a good game, with as little financial exposure as possible, and maximize the profits.

While each group’s approach is understandable, neither really meet in the middle that often.
As a result, the gamer typically find themselves at the losing end of this battle. If all gamers knew the type of game they could have had instead of the one they just invested $60 on, gamer satisfaction of many titles would take a nosedive.

While that may a rough idea to digest, it’s a very real problem within the industry.

PART FOUR COMING SOON

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1625/working-in-the-gaming-industry-part-i/
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Sat May 18, 2013 12:53 pm

I've known this for a long time...the gaming industry, and any industry for that matter is all about putting in as least as possible, and getting the most out of that...sad

Last edited by luvtotha9s on Sat May 18, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Sat May 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah, it kind of sounds like the typical job....punch in, kiss ass, punch out.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 pm

EA and Xbox unveiled their new shit today. EA will have 4 new games being released simultaneously with the new Xbox....NCAA Football is not one of them. Bad sign Evil or Very Mad

zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs Wed May 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Well my ultimate request would EA include the FCS teams automatically. Also, would be interesting if you could play all star games like the senior bowl, etc, to reward the best players of the season in a dynasty.
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 pm

FCS teams seems to be a top 3 request on everyone's list. Here is a side by side shot of the graphics on OP....looks crisp!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/626358-ncaa-football-13-side-side-ncaa-football-14-a.html
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Wed May 22, 2013 9:40 pm

They should at least let us add FCS teams via Teambuilder(without replacing an FBS team that is already there)
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum