luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach ratings

4 posters

Go down

Coach ratings Empty Coach ratings

Post by volstopfan14 Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I have put together some ratings for coaches in NCAA 12. This is all based on opinion, so I know there are flaws. I tried to put all bias aside and judge each coach fairly. One thing I did differently than most ratings is lowered every coordinator by a full letter grade. The reason I did that is so it is not easy for a OC/DC to transition to being a HC. For example, had coaches been in NCAA 11, Will Muschamp would have been one of the top DCs in the game. He probably would have been given an A or A+ rating by most. Now Muschamp is the HC at Florida, and most ratings I've seen have him about a B-. For that reason, I've lowered the coordinators grades to make dynasty more realistic. If anyone wants to use these they can, and if anyone has any input on possible changes I'd love to hear it. The reason I posted this is I'm looking for input to try to make this better.

NOTE: Some team's HC also serves as a coordinator. For those teams, I tried to pick the top assistant on that side of the ball. Some teams have co-coordinators. I tried to pick the one who was the play caller.

HC
Spoiler:

OC
Spoiler:

DC
Spoiler:

Last edited by volstopfan14 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Coach ratings Empty Re: Coach ratings

Post by shakenbake Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:53 pm

I may be wrong, but I think i rememeber hearing A+ coordinators that are hired as a Head Coach will not be a A+ Head Coach. If someone can confirm this you may want to adjust your ratings.

But as to what you posted, I think its an excellent list!

A few suggestions I might add:

I would change is Brian Kelly from a "B" as a HC to a "B+", It's hard to ignore the excellent jobs he did at Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, and Cincinnati. He also looks to have ND headed in the right direction.

Then i might change Dana Holgerson from a "C+" to a "B-". You said you thought Muschamp would be rated an ~A as a coordinator but then you rated him "B-" as a Head Coach. I feel like Holgerson was a premier coordinator on the offensive side of the ball like Muschamp was on the defensive side. The only difference between the 2 may be that Muschamp was a premier name longer than Holgerson. That may sound a little picky but its just a suggestion.
shakenbake
shakenbake
Roster Head
Roster Head

http://twitter.com/JBaker70

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:20 pm

shakenbake wrote:I may be wrong, but I think i rememeber hearing A+ coordinators that are hired as a Head Coach will not be a A+ Head Coach. If someone can confirm this you may want to adjust your ratings.

But as to what you posted, I think its an excellent list!

A few suggestions I might add:

I would change is Brian Kelly from a "B" as a HC to a "B+", It's hard to ignore the excellent jobs he did at Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, and Cincinnati. He also looks to have ND headed in the right direction.

Then i might change Dana Holgerson from a "C+" to a "B-". You said you thought Muschamp would be rated an ~A as a coordinator but then you rated him "B-" as a Head Coach. I feel like Holgerson was a premier coordinator on the offensive side of the ball like Muschamp was on the defensive side. The only difference between the 2 may be that Muschamp was a premier name longer than Holgerson. That may sound a little picky but its just a suggestion.
Both points you made were things I debated. The thing about this is, you could move just about any coach in here up or down 1 level and it would still look pretty accurate.
You may be right about the coordinators losing a bit of prestige when they become a HC. If I remember right, I've seen screenshots that show that they stay the same. If I'm wrong, it will be easy enough to fix as it is just a letter grade difference.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by shakenbake Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Sounds good afro
shakenbake
shakenbake
Roster Head
Roster Head

http://twitter.com/JBaker70

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshC77 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Based on the progression issues this game has, and the fact that the first patch will not address it, I would recommend dropping all of the coach prestige ratings significantly. The problem is tied into high coach prestige causing rapid progression. Studies have shown that dropping coach prestige ratings can delay this rapid increase in player ratings. It seems like dropping all the coaches to the 'D+' level or lower (dropping 40 points) works very well. There is more info in the OS forums...

JoshC77
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaos Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Todd Grantham is the best DC in the game, if not, he's definitely one of the best. He took UGA to a bottom 3 SEC defense to a Top 5 defense nationally in 3 years.

Xaos
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down