luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster Progress

+116
dirk.habets
MichiganMan_24
ozzie2428
dartmouth6
BigPlay8485
cmswope85
Plasticman43123
hangtime3000
juny7997
Snickelfritter
dhose94
PipelineU
JRossD
kf15
SilentEnforcer4
WolvraiderX
okcyankee
str8upg93
gza21
Schoene503
Hawkshadow327
CarolinaCJAM
clcobb1725
Kiwaun20
the_EDJ
MillerTime89
flip2448
LWilkins
Kniwz_Br5
bradbanks7
barrons01
Steel Pitt
dperry3
Bkru23
orangecyanide
orangetiktac
Clarkw267
jsam51
vatechhokie
kidchocolate
zoon
NE77
nickjamesm7
Hornedog20
kj121
kasper2929
MayhemNJ
McNutterButter
mookierynne
lilcoo3
Majtee0
LSUkino
Chaput10
Haitiankid79
XX_Bossi_XX
vernroberts65
Confubitated
gcnyc25
PDDollars
FSUknowit
SweetH2oFball
rl10529
antafustic/seandiggy
619eer
axspecialk
Coach Gruden
rolltide4ever
mjarz02
GatorMuschomp
Jaydub918
Noles_IbleedG&G
OSUBeaver11
theflyingalamo
heck021
YFS
lilvilly75
SteboSSK
Category5Cane
Mr_SnackCakes_
MaizeNBlue
C2F
bdrhino
TMob384
jd@os
GatorBait2006NC
ptown8091
jwallace0317
gostate24
tony9235
1st&goal
MpGrand
clevenger77
Marv_Levy
krayt
Daz-D-RoB55
GoDeep52
trailerpark007
JFormo
Eugene3755
forty six & 2
jayice
wareagle
Palo20
DrK84
ecumike
BCMike22
BucNutts
Kansacity
giantsfan8293
RowdyRaider50
shakenbake
GoAztecs
gator3guy
volstopfan14
mwright889
luvtotha9s
120 posters

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

Roster Progress - Page 6 Empty Re: Roster Progress

Post by gostate24 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

hey luv, one psu fan to another. Do you need any help with pics for teams or anything? Im willing to help. Let me know
gostate24
gostate24
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by 1st&goal Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:25 pm

tony9235 wrote:any time table for when the rosters will be completed??

Read page 8. Approx. half way down.

1st&goal
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by tony9235 Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

k, thanks
tony9235
tony9235
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Roster Progress - Page 6 Empty LUV READ THIS NOW

Post by OKC35 Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 am

Alright i had done my own changes to the rosters but now Im hearing that EA is going to release a patch to fix all the tnedencies from getting mixed up. But the only way to fix it is to get rid of all edited and named roster files. Luv, what r u going to do cuz u would have to start over twice?? pale pale Mad Mad

OKC35

Back to top Go down

Roster Progress - Page 6 Empty Link

Post by OKC35 Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 am

Forgot to include this

OKC35

Back to top Go down

Post by jayice Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:39 am

OKC35 wrote:Alright i had done my own changes to the rosters but now Im hearing that EA is going to release a patch to fix all the tnedencies from getting mixed up. But the only way to fix it is to get rid of all edited and named roster files. Luv, what r u going to do cuz u would have to start over twice?? pale pale Mad Mad

couldnt luv just download the file onto a pen drive. delete the roster file on the ps3. download the patch then re up the roster back onto the ps3 once the patch is downloaded? would this work?

jayice
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:26 am

I'll do that before I erase my file...you can best believe...but if the original roster data is bad or corrupted....not sure if that would be a solution.....EA you have really done it this time mang
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

https://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gator3guy Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm still holding out hope that you won't have to start over. In the edit player screen, the tendencies are right. It's just the bridge between editing a player and what the game calculates is messed up. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic.

gator3guy
Roster Lover
Roster Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by volstopfan14 Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

gator3guy wrote:I'm still holding out hope that you won't have to start over. In the edit player screen, the tendencies are right. It's just the bridge between editing a player and what the game calculates is messed up. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic.
That would be my thought. I'd assume it is something with the coding, which should mean that they could fix it and it would fix all rosters even if they were previously edited. Hope I'm right.

volstopfan14
Roster Expert
Roster Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by shakenbake Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 pm

volstopfan14 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:I'm still holding out hope that you won't have to start over. In the edit player screen, the tendencies are right. It's just the bridge between editing a player and what the game calculates is messed up. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic.
That would be my thought. I'd assume it is something with the coding, which should mean that they could fix it and it would fix all rosters even if they were previously edited. Hope I'm right.
We all hope your right ...
shakenbake
shakenbake
Roster Head
Roster Head

http://twitter.com/JBaker70

Back to top Go down

Post by 1st&goal Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:58 pm

jayice wrote:
OKC35 wrote:Alright i had done my own changes to the rosters but now Im hearing that EA is going to release a patch to fix all the tnedencies from getting mixed up. But the only way to fix it is to get rid of all edited and named roster files. Luv, what r u going to do cuz u would have to start over twice?? pale pale Mad Mad

couldnt luv just download the file onto a pen drive. delete the roster file on the ps3. download the patch then re up the roster back onto the ps3 once the patch is downloaded? would this work?

Hoping that this is the case and that you can save and then start afterwards.

1st&goal
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Roster Progress - Page 6 Empty Funny

Post by GB06NC Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 am

I happen to be the competition. Funny how all the crybabies are taking shots at my rosters for leaving players on and off. Let me reiterate for the millionth time.

WE RELEASED OUR PROGRESS AT THE TIME BC PEOPLE WOULDNT STOP WHINING ABOUT HOW LONG IT WAS TAKING. THEY WERENT FINISHED, I KNOW THATS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND GATORGUY.

So most teams werent finished and were named only. We wouldve been done with corrections by now if EA hadnt screwed up the game with the roster glitch,

Which is why im here to check with luv. Are you still going to continue to edit everything?? Right now it looks like 50/50 on whether the rosters will be salvagable. The issue itself shouldnt affect the rosters, question is will a new roster file be uploaded by EA that is required to keep tendencies in check.

Also, what do you do with hometowns that arent in the game??

GB06NC

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:05 am

GB06NC wrote:I happen to be the competition. Funny how all the crybabies are taking shots at my rosters for leaving players on and off. Let me reiterate for the millionth time.

WE RELEASED OUR PROGRESS AT THE TIME BC PEOPLE WOULDNT STOP WHINING ABOUT HOW LONG IT WAS TAKING. THEY WERENT FINISHED, I KNOW THATS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND GATORGUY.

So most teams werent finished and were named only. We wouldve been done with corrections by now if EA hadnt screwed up the game with the roster glitch,

Which is why im here to check with luv. Are you still going to continue to edit everything?? Right now it looks like 50/50 on whether the rosters will be salvagable. The issue itself shouldnt affect the rosters, question is will a new roster file be uploaded by EA that is required to keep tendencies in check.

Also, what do you do with hometowns that arent in the game??
ah Insomnia....and then I see this
1st of all there is no "competition"....I applaud all roster makers and am glad there are a bunch out there...I don't do this for glory or to be known as the best...I just do what I do..and can't help being as thorough as humanly possible...so don't worry about what some of my members said about your work. I applaud your work, and anyone that has done rosters themselves, knows how much of a shitty long process it is. This is a place to talk freely and unedited, and thats the way it will stay so please no need to be defensive and attack my members...they were just trying to prop me up, while I was down a bit there.....secondly and to answer your question...yes I am continuing to edit everything as normal...as far as my system for hometowns that aren't in the game, that is something I don't divulge, because that is part of my built in easter eggs, so I can easily see if someone has used my roster as a starting point. I may need to take this advice at some point myself, but never let someone else pressure you into compromising your finished product. Most people out there just have their hands out and expect the world. My members/followers/friends expect the best and most thorough rosters known to man...and I will continue to answer the bell until that is so...do what you do and don't let others opinions affect what you do....life is too short....1luv
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Roster Progress - Page 6 Empty Just going by

Post by GB06NC Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 am

I dont see any competition either, i was just quoting what your "members" said to be exact. You have roster makers who name them quickly so that people will have something reasonable to use within a few days of the games release. You have people that go to the next level who make rosters a little more in depth as far as corrections go, then you have ones, such as yourself, who make them as detailed per player as possible. I dont see any competition and give you major props for doing as I know what it takes. We have had the discussion before if you remember.

I dont appreciate whiners who complain after the begged for us to release what we have, then cry because its not 100% accurate upon release. All they have to do is read our threads and they will easily see that are rosters arent complete and were still a work in progress. We had tons of donators who wanted a V1 release even though it wasnt finished. Sorry if I feel respected by some people who dont have what it takes to do it themselves and lack to mind to sort through thousands of players and name them.

A good fan or member shouldnt prop you up by defaming your competition, as they put. 1, because there is no competition. 2, you give someone props based on what they do, not by what someone else is doing. And 3, half of the things your members are saying arent entirely correct and are exaggerated.

Back to the reason I actually came here. EA has not yet said whether or not the rosters can be saved. If they cant I presume that a new roster file will come with the patch. I was checking to see if you had heard anything yet and Im assuming that you are still working on your rosters even though nothing has been announced. We though about moving forward, but if the rosters cant be saved that adds up to hours upon hours of wasted time. As a roster guy myself, I wondering where you are at mentally with all your work being for nothing. We havent given up, but do feel that EA is pretty low for not going more into detail about the roster fix and whether or not all the rosters makers might have to do over.

GB06NC

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:29 am

i was under the impression that the fix didn't affect the roster
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jwallace0317 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 am

luvtotha9s wrote:i was under the impression that the fix didn't affect the roster

Luv, this is my impression as well, and is consistent with what was posted on OS. The tendency glitch is based on how the game's programming interprets edits to the default roster. Right now, if a roster is loaded that contains anything different from default, the game assigns the wrong tendencies (despite the fact that if you edit individual players, it shows the right tendency).

The patch will correct that code, so that roster files which have names, equipment, etc. which are different from default will no longer result in the game assigning the wrong tendency. The actual inputs on the roster file itself should not affected by the patch.

jwallace0317
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by ptown8091 Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:57 pm

I know I'm new here but for the roster glitch it's hard to say.

Normally you think it's something in the game it's self just a code to be change but it could be coded in the roster it's self.

There's two ways this can go.

IF EA took the easy road and just put a set of rosters in and left the coding in the game to say what makes each player's tendency's then it's a easy code fix.

But doing so when download and open on the computer you shouldn't see the players tendency from the file. (I don't have a computer at this time to do this so many be someone here knows how or I can get a friend to do it)

2nd way is to have the coding with the Default roster itself which when upload to a computer and read you see there tendency.

If it's the 2nd part then they have to redo the default rosters and clear everyone rosters I would think since roster maker's work off the default roster but I could be wrong here.

It's hard for me to say that EA would use the 2nd part because if they did we be able to name the rosters from the computer with the right software and then upload it to the ps3 and it would work. But this is EA we are talking about so nothing is fore sure.

I hope it's part one and easy code fix inside the game and not the default rosters them self. I hate to see you guys lose all that time doing this.

Thanks for all your work on naming rosters Gator and Luv

ptown8091
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:59 am

Things are coming along nicely...making steady progress.....I have been pretty mum about my progress this year,and I can assure you, there is a method to my madness...I'm shooting for an August release of Version 1...nothing concrete...but thats how things seem to be shaping up...I am still not answering questions about what team I'm on, how many teams I have done, how many teams I have left....just trust me to do the best job possible....I will not let you down
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAztecs Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 am

luvtotha9s wrote:Things are coming along nicely...making steady progress.....I have been pretty mum about my progress this year,and I can assure you, there is a method to my madness...I'm shooting for an August release of Version 1...nothing concrete...but thats how things seem to be shaping up...I am still not answering questions about what team I'm on, how many teams I have done, how many teams I have left....just trust me to do the best job possible....I will not let you down

And it will be a great job
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorBait2006NC Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:05 am

I dont think that the patch will ruin the rosters personally. Reason I think that theres hope is because when editing the players ratings, the tendency is still correct in that menu. But you never know with EA. Not letting this be known to the guys that do rosters is terrible, unless they just dont know yet.

Also, this is Gator that does the rosters with buckeye. I went ahead and registered as I want to offer all my help from now on. I stopped edits after hearing of the roster glitch. And by now im pretty much fed up with all of the other major glitches in the game to play it.

So if you need another roster guy who knows the tricks, the ins and outs, and who also has a complete database of corrections, im here. I have almost 300 pages of edits and over 40 spring guides so far. You do go a lot more in depth that we do, so I both know and understand what you are looking for.

Before I registered, I made a suggestion on the Florida page reguarding Dominique Easley and Ian Silberman. I suggested remaking Easley into Silberman after copying all of his info, ratings, etc. Then create Dominique Easley again in CAP, that way you can use the duplicate number glitch in CAP to get his correct #2. I try to get the guys the right number who will see the field a lot. Also suggested a few other fixes.

I have contact with Colorado State safety, Ezra Thompson. He gave me a better depth chart and I went pretty in depth with CSU as well. I have a mean CSU roster that has tons of correct numbers which are harder to get straightened out on CSU more than any other team. It will take me a while to post it, but Id like to submit it first just to show you my work. Seeing as how we have been bad mouthed due to releasing our work-in-progress rosters.

Like I said, I want to help out here. Im confident that you can use what I have.
GatorBait2006NC
GatorBait2006NC
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:06 am

Thank you very much
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorBait2006NC Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:24 am

luvtotha9s wrote:Thank you very much

I assuming you have enough info on the BCS squads. I know the smaller schools can be a biotch. Anywhere you would prefer me to start.

I know when we were still working, we prefferd to have changes remade and posted in detail. Like ratings posted when a player is remade into another position.

Im also pretty sure you know about the CAP duplicate number glitch and about recreating players into other positions that lead to size issues. For example, remaking a large player like an OL into a WR leaves the player with HUGE arms.

Ill post the CSU roster in their thread if they have one.
GatorBait2006NC
GatorBait2006NC
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 am

have at it... smaller schools woud be great...all 120 teams have their own thread
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorBait2006NC Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:44 am

luvtotha9s wrote:have at it... smaller schools woud be great...all 120 teams have their own thread

Cool, before I start. What all info would you need to make it as simple as it can be. An in depth profile for each player contain #, height, weight, build, equipment and ratings changes, as well is instructions on how to move things around to achieve right #???

It doesnt look like these forums enable spoiler tags which I could use for a drop down box containing the info for each player.
GatorBait2006NC
GatorBait2006NC
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotha9s Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:48 am

all the info you included sounds good....not sure about spoiler tags, could have sworn a member has used them before....beats me
luvtotha9s
luvtotha9s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next