luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impact Players and Base offense

4 posters

Go down

Impact Players and Base offense Empty Impact Players and Base offense

Post by Conspiracy* Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:30 am

Hey Luvtotha9s,
First of all great work on the rosters. I used your rosters last year, and maybe? the year before. Thanks for all your hard work!

I have a question about impact players. Is there a limit of impact players a team can have on each side of the ball and do they have to have a minimum requirement of attributes?
I'm asking because I noticed NCAA 12 does not have Nebraska CB #15 as an impact player. He has been named to several award watch lists and finished first team all big-12 in 2010. ESPN, SI, along with several other sites list him as one of nebraskas "Game changers at every level" along with ncaa 12 impact players Jared Crick and Lavonte David.

Seems odd that he gets all this attention and has the stats to back it up yet is not an impact player in the game.

Also...Do you know what base offense nebraska got this year? Our new OC Tim Beck hasn't really showed what he has in store and Im wondering if EA got an inside glimpse.

Thanks,

Conspiracy*
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Impact Players and Base offense Empty Re: Impact Players and Base offense

Post by the_EDJ Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey conspiracy,

As far as impact players, each team gets 3. There's not a ratings requirment, they just have to be one of the better, important players on the team. I'm fairly certain that you have to have at least 1 impact player on each side of the ball. EA chose RB Rex Burkhead, DT Jared Crick, and LB Lavonte David as the impact players on this team. While many pundits have Dennard as the #1 CB prospect in the country, this defense is stacked. Dennard, David, and Crick are all expected to be 1st round draft picks in the NFL next year, so having 2 of the 3 as impact players is pretty much all you can ask for.

Offense:
Tim Beck won't be showing much of his hand early on. It probably won't be shown in full force until B1G conference games. But based on past stops, expect him to run a no huddle spread look with mainly Shotgun/Pistol elements and even some I-Form for traditional looks. It will be a physical run oriented attack and very basic. The same concept plays will pretty much be called from any formation making it easy for the QB to make his reads both running and passing and put up a lot of points with simple ideas. Beck helped develop the passing attack that Kansas used to put 63 points on Nebraska (shudder). So expect some fireworks this year. Wink
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Roster Head
Roster Head

http://aaloa.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gator3guy Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Not to get off topic, but I'd be shocked if David went in the first. For one, traditional LB's aren't going in the first round anymore. It's all about pass rushing LB's. And two, teams often shy away from undersized LB's. Now a lot can happen between now and April. That said I love him as a player. Any guy that can rack up that many tackles obviously has talent and can play at the next level. I just don't think he'll be picked in the first.

I agree about the other two guys. Again not trying to get off-topic or pick a fight just thought I would share my thoughts and maybe you would as well.

gator3guy
Roster Lover
Roster Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by the_EDJ Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Yeah I could see David being deemed a bit "undersized" but the guy is jacked and has already put on 10-15 pounds of pure muscle in the offseason. He's got the coverage speed of a safety, and the strength of a DE. If he produces like he did without any knowledge of the playbook coming into last year, at 6'1" 230, I think he could find his way into the first round.

He picked up Mike a week before the season started, and started calling plays in week 2. Back in his natural blitzing Will position he could catch some eyes making more plays. And as validation, both Barrett Ruud and Sewart Bradley are "undersized" Nebraska Linebackers in the NFL starting for the Bucs and Iggles.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by gator3guy Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Like I said, I love him as a player, but in today's NFL the league doesn't value players like him in the first round too much.

As an Eagles fan I don't really remember anyone questioning Stewart's size. If memory serves me right he came in at 6'4 255 and carried that weight well.

I loved Ruud in college. That guy was one of the best at diagnosing a play and making the tackle. He was a guy that wasn't a physical speciman, but his instincts were second to none. And still he didn't go in the first round.

gator3guy
Roster Lover
Roster Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Kniwz_Br5 Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Beck's offense will eventually look like Osborne's old I-Formation Run/Option offense, except with no huddle at times (ala Oklahoma that doesn't do it all the time). There will also be more Spread/Pistol involved, but the premise of this offense will be run first with more Option.
Kniwz_Br5
Kniwz_Br5
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by the_EDJ Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Kniwz_Br5 wrote:Beck's offense will eventually look like Osborne's old I-Formation Run/Option offense, except with no huddle at times (ala Oklahoma that doesn't do it all the time). There will also be more Spread/Pistol involved, but the premise of this offense will be run first with more Option.
It's still going to be closer to the spread read option implemented last year, only with an offensive coordinator who isn't a complete moron. They've already said it's similar to TMagic's spread option he ran in high school which is why he's looking so comfortable this year commanding the no huddle. The offensive line has been discussing how much quicker the pace will be this year in getting lined up and firing off the ball right away.

The IForm is in the playbook as it was displayed in spring, but that was an anomaly and I haven't seen any indication it will look like Osborne's Option I attack and be used that often, Tyler Legate said so himself. But, hopefully Beck does give Legate his first collegiate carry sooner rather than later this year. Wink
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
Roster Head
Roster Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down