luvtotha9sRosters and More

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game...

4 posters

Go down

I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game... Empty I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game...

Post by jd@os Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Is anyone else? I don't know if I'm going to get it or not. What makes it so bad is that I never pay for the game because it's always a birthday present for me. I can get it as a free present, but I don't know if I should this year. I assume most of you guys are getting it, but why? Is it because it's improved from last year? Is it because you love college football so you get the game regardless? Just want to hear from you guys.
jd@os
jd@os
Roster Lover
Roster Lover

Back to top Go down

I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game... Empty Re: I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game...

Post by zoon Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm getting it because it's still fun for me to play. Even though some of the glitches still seem to be in the game, I can still pop in the game and get somewhat accurate (sim) gameplay. I run a couple of dynasties, and there are about 14 friends on my list who play the game for the same reasons I play.

This is the only sports game that I play. I only purchase a couple of games a year, so NCAA is in my system 90% of the time. Last year I purchased Resident Evil 4 hd and Black Ops. I finished RE4 in a week, and I play still Black Ops a couple of hours a week, but I play NCAA basically everyday.

I love college football. I try to simulate the actual game when I play NCAA. I love the x's and o's of the game. In order to accomplish this, I need accurate rosters that simulate the real deal. That's where Luv comes in.

Lastly, what other football game is there to play? Madden? Give me a break. I haven't played Madden since McNabb was on the cover. Plus, I think the NFL is boring in real life. But college football is different. Here's my basic, typical, Saturday during college football season...

Wake-up at the crack of noon...Turn on the TV to watch the end of some crappy Big 10 game (Purdue, I'm looking at you)...get some Chipotle...watch the 12:30 game which is usually a good game...head on down to Sun Devil Stadium at about 4:30...wait in line to get in the student section...kick-off at 7 pm....Mill Ave. after the game to enjoy my favorite adult beverage and to speak to the females...wake-up Sunday and pop in some NCAA on the PS3.

These are the reason why I will purchase NCAA Football 13.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game... Empty Re: I'm on the Fence for Getting the Game...

Post by GoAztecs Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:47 pm

great reasoning Smile
GoAztecs
GoAztecs
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Didn't want to create a new thread, so I'll just post on here.

The online-ranked community has gone to shit in NCAA 13. I've played online ranked since about 2006, and this is the worst that is has ever been. I know what I'm getting into when I play these games, but I can't take it anymore.

In the past, yoy ran into cheese/glitch players at the top of the leader-boards, which is to say, you only ran against cheese players that had really good records. Now, fuckin guys with shit records, noobs, everyone for that matter, is running glitch/cheese plays. I think YOUTUBE has a lot to do with it, but cmon, what satisfaction does a person get for running glitch/cheese plays all game long?! You payed fuckin $60 to play like that?! Get real!

For those of you that don't play online ranked, or have never played online ranked, this is what you;re missing out in this years version...Most guys start out playing straight, but once you score, or you hold them to a 4th down, then all hell breaks loose. You either get the guy that runs 5 wr no huddle all game long, or you get the guy who runs big formations with counters and stretch plays, and hb screens being the constant. The guy who runs 5 wr usually has a shitty defense, hence the need to score fast. The guy who runs the big formations is usually the fool who runs a-gap nano blitzes all game long on defense, no matter the down and distance. A new bullshit scheme that I;m seeing now, is the fool will call cover 6, and hot route all of his defensive linemen to drop back in zone during obvious pass plays (in essence, 11 guys drop back in coverage!).

It might seem that I'm taking this way too serious, and I assure you that really don't. The only purpose I have ever had for online ranked is to test out new plays, and to get used to the speed and situations that are presented to me that the CPU can't emulate. Basically, I use it as practice so I can be sharp for my dynasty games. But how can I practice my sim style against cheesers? I really can't. I have to counter cheese with cheese in most cases. There are some cheesers who are bad at cheesing, and I can beat those fools playing real sim football. But this year, there are way too many money plays that these dudes have found, and you cant beat them unless you start to cheese. What fun is that? A typical game against these guys is boring, because you both are running the same money plays over-and-over-and-over.

And lastly, which is really the sad/depressing part of the online ranked community (and the whole gaming community for that matter), is if by chance you get to have the ball last, and score the winning points against these queers, you almost always get a homophobic/racists message immediately sent to you after the game. "You got lucky you fuckin faggot. You fuckin suck dick you faggot piece of shit!" Or, "u aint shit ni**a, u a fake azz bitch ni**a!"

Anyway, playing against the trash of the online ranked world sure does make me appreciate my online dynasties a lot more.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Subpardps Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Oh man i'm one of them 5 wide cheesers damn it. I live and die by the passing game but i agree with you this years ranked online play is just disgusting I have only had 3 sim style games out of the 20 to 30 I have played the new coverage scheme is the main problem either your guy is in perfect position to make a play or hes no where to be found.

Even if you sit people in zones they never react properly to the pass I have found it prudent to just knock the receiver out of the way and take the penalty then to let these assclowns have the big stat play.

Subpardps
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by zoon Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah, I have 3 guys on my friends list that are not in my dynasties that I play regularly in ranked games who do not cheese. But there are plenty of times when they dont want to play, or are not on, and I need to polish up on my stick skills...thats the only reason why I play online ranked. Maybe I'll start asking people who are in my dynasties to play me in UNRANKED games, just so I can some practice and spare the a headache the cheesers give me. I would play the CPU on Heisman, but it's not the same experience as a human user can give you.
zoon
zoon
RosterFarian
RosterFarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Subpardps Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 pm

I'd likely play you but would probably use different playbooks to see what I can utilize.

Subpardps
Roster Noob
Roster Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down